Feel like I'm going in Circles

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lavender_chiq

Reaction score
Okay, so I'm a trained aesthetician but I learned to do nails only because I really wanted to get a foot in the beauty industry. I've been doing only nails for the past two years or so (as a booth renter). I've not really practiced facials on anyone other than friends or family. My original plan was to have my own spa within a year or two, but from the way things are looking, it seems almost impossible. I've tried completing a business plan but it seems that every time I go over it, I have to change it up because my ideas seem to change really frequently. And then I know that I will definitely need funding to start up my new business but the problem is where do I turn to for funding. Every time I look at a new business, I always wonder how did they do it? Will I ever get there?

I'm also thinking of running my business out of my home, but I'm worried about how I would get ppl in the door and keep them coming. Also, I plan to do renovations within the next few months, so starting up at home is now is kinda out of the question. I've even tried doing mobile appointments but they are few and far between. At this point, I wish I could just leave the spot that I'm renting from and start fresh but I don't want to come out of one situation to end up in a similar or worse situation. Every day I get up I feel like I could just hold my head and bawl. It's just sooooo frustrating! As a matter of fact I haven't been to work for the past few days because I feel like I'm getting nowhere.

I even tried talking to my husband about how I feel, and his response was that I should pack up my things from where I'm renting and leave. I wish it was that easy, leave and go where? At the end of the day, I/we still need to live (we have three kids).

What I want to know is how do other people do it? How do you start from scratch and still survive. I'm losing my zeal!!!!:sad:

Aww Chin up hun! We all get this feeling at some point but things can only get better. I definatly wouldn't leave your rented place as atleast its getting the bills paid and people are getting to know who you are. Once you've renovated your house you can look to doing clients there!

I do clients in my dining room, its not great but it gets my name out there and brings the money in and eventually I can progress to renting somewhere then years and years later I hopefully will have my own salon. We've all gotta start somewhere!

I think your thinking too much into it and just need to relax (easier said than done!) get ideas down maybe other courses you might like to try next?! It's just at the moment things are taking too long but you will get there and it will be sooooo worth it :) xx

Thanks for your inspirational words!!!!

I agree with you, I probably want things to happen to soon. I think I'll play it by ear for now, especially since Christmas is already here. In terms of doing other courses, I'm considering doing an eyelash extension course and going mobile with that until I set up at home.

Maybe, I am yet to learn how to take things one step at a time.

Thanks again :biggrin:

Glad you've perked up! If EE is your next step start researching now make notes so you know exactly where to go/how much etc when the time comes. Ive researched and waited for the perfect EE course for 6 months and it is now 2 weeks away! Very excited!

Go for mobile, even if it is one or two a week, its all extra cash and its all extra experience and getting your name out there!

We all need that encouragement from time to time that's why salon geek is so good!!

Latest posts

Back