Feeling a bit rubbish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always critise my work I'm never happy . Always put on my notes what I would do next time.

I said this to one of the senior members of staff in my salon,whenever I finish a haircut or colour, I look at it and wish it could be better, slightly sharper cut, slightly richer tone etc

But he says the moment you stop looking at your work and think that's perfect, i don't need to improve that at all, is game over. Because you've lost that passion to be the best, and make your clients look the best they can be.

So now I always look at my work and instead of thinking, oh I wish I did that a bit better, I think next time it will be because I'll take that into account while doing it.

But this is just from my view, I would feel differently if someone told me they didn't like their hair lol x

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

The other day one of my hairdressing friends posted an image of a Balayage she did -My initial thoughts were "wow looks amazing" ..then for some reason I sat & imagined it was my work, and started picking out all of these faults on the image. It's amazing how critical us hairdressers can be of our work ☺️

Latest posts

Back