Feeling bad

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

candy86

Candy
Reaction score
I feel so bad today, I'm training in nail services and today I did infills for a client on gel nails I did 2 weeks ago got her and a friend. She had just lost one nail two days ago and rest was just re growth. I asked how her friends nails were because if not heard from her and she said she was really p'd off and not at all happy because they all fell off after 4 days. I said she should have told me because I told her if she had any problems I would fix them, I told her to tell her friend I would re do the set but I just feel so bad. Her friend had really short nails and she was a nail biter so we kept the length short but i just don't know where I've gone wrong :( I just feel so bad and can't get it out of my head. I don't think she was happy the day she came even tho is asked her several times and she kept saying to me you are doing this wrong and you shouldn't do that, even though she's not a nail technician. Any body any advice if she comes back I just feel scared if she comes back and the same thing happens again x

Firstly, don't feel bad. The thing with our kind of job is practise makes perfect! You obviously did a good job as your friends nails have stayed on (minus 1) so don't beat yourself up. You have no control of those nails as soon as they walk out of the door. Some clients look after their nails, some don't. You will soon learn if it's you that has made the error or if they've been picking ect.

As for the other women, she should not have been telling you what to do. I suspect this could be because you're not confident in what you're doing just yet, but again this will come in time. In the mean time though, fake it! Clients will pick up on this if you're nervous, and you want them to think you know exactly what you're doing. The only other piece of advise I can give is that nail bitters will be some of your most difficult clients. They already have no respect for their nails (cannibals!!) it's hard to break that habit of having their fingers constantly in their mouths. If I have a nail bitter in, I insist on them returning every week so that I can check for lifting, keep them filed short ect ect. If you do have the misfortune of her coming back in you need to explain that with her nails being so short, they will most likely not last as long as someone with healthier nails as there's not a lot space for you to build on. Explain you will need to see her in weekly intervals, and go from there. Be confident and don't let her tell you how to do your job xx

Hi please don't feel bad , nail biters are really bad because the will pick and fiddle with their nails because they are so used to biting them any way they can they will try to take the overlay off I'm a reformed nail biter but cannot have anything on my nails except nail envy . So I don't think you should worry and if the nails were short it is impossible to cap the ends . Try not to worry and as another geek said see a nail biter at least once a week:)

Thank you for the replies I will try build up my confidence I could feel she wasn't happy with them because it took me 2 hours and she said her husband was waiting in the car with the kids towards the end. I think I need to build up a bit of confidence and try not to panick too much. Thank you both of you x

I have been doing nails for 4 years and still have this problemwith some clients but dont feel bad if you have told them you will fix any problems then there shouldnt be a problem its so hard people expect more for what they actually pay, it takes years to get a perfect look and not every set will still be perfect xx

Latest posts

Back