Feeling gutted about business

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When customers has extensions fitted, they usually leave them in for 2-3 month and it will take a while before they come back. Also, if they're happy with them, their friends will come to you too, but the friens might want to see how the extensions hold up after a couple of installs. It takes time..

Well geeks still no more clients for extensions, I'm thinking about setting up a website for all my hair services, maybe that will work x

Well geeks still no more clients for extensions, I'm thinking about setting up a website for all my hair services, maybe that will work x

Hey I've only recently started promoting my hair extension services after qualifying in the summer and was worried about getting the cliental especially in Lincolnshire where some would rather buy the eBay hair. Anyway past couple of weeks I've done 2 models put the photos up on Facebook and promoted. I was lucky with these models as they were both different (a young fitness instructor and a mum from the local school) and know a lot of people. Just from these 2 models I have had so many ladies enquiring and booking in for consultations. Maybe you can try to find ladies that are well known or a barmaid/waitress that's popular and chatty and have them like a promotions model? X

Babychops, a website has really helped me out. People find me on review sites (have your clients rave about you) and then they click on my site. You can have a look if you want. I used 1 and 1 for my website. Super easy to use!

www.chicchignon.com

Hi babychops,
I do hair extensions aswell and haven't started my beauty services yet. It's hard at the beginning but you will build it up trust me. Get a good website and don't give up. Business is really hard at the start but it will eventually get there so don't stress! Xx

Don't give up, perhaps you just have not marketed in the right places?

I started in June and I have a fair few regulars now as well as many enquiries coming in each week. Make sure you put your details in google places, yell free advert and facebook - use facebook to promote and define your promotion to local towns, you can drill down with what type of audience you want.

I recently started running competitions on my page and have added 200 likes in the past 2 weeks, this is bringing me lots and lots of enquiries.

I also added a special offer which is getting much interest, I am sure with some focused marketing you can start bringing them in :)

I think you need to look outside the box slightly .. All my work comes from the web site I'm listed on through training with a certain company but if it didn't I would approach salons ask if they offer extensions and do a freelance arrangement with them . They can offer a new service in salon and you can raise your profile in the area .. 😃

Dont be disheartened. It can take some time to build up a good reputation, and a good clientèle, however you will get there. Business is a tough game which is why lots of people talk about doing it, but only the brave jump straight in. Keep at it and in no time you will look back and be glad you didnt give up.

Best of luck!

Don't give up, perhaps you just have not marketed in the right places?

I started in June and I have a fair few regulars now as well as many enquiries coming in each week. Make sure you put your details in google places, yell free advert and facebook - use facebook to promote and define your promotion to local towns, you can drill down with what type of audience you want.

I recently started running competitions on my page and have added 200 likes in the past 2 weeks, this is bringing me lots and lots of enquiries.

I also added a special offer which is getting much interest, I am sure with some focused marketing you can start bringing them in :)

S.h.e. can I ask about your comp please. Im running a free fitting comp on facebook, the idea was to try to get interest for christmas. Ive paid to promote locally, post every week on a dozen local selling pages, have a few thousand views but the grand total of 8 likes & 1 enquiry in 3 weeks!!:banghead:

I just dont think im targetting the right people??

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek mobile app

S.h.e. can I ask about your comp please. Im running a free fitting comp on facebook, the idea was to try to get interest for christmas. Ive paid to promote locally, post every week on a dozen local selling pages, have a few thousand views but the grand total of 8 likes & 1 enquiry in 3 weeks!!:banghead:

I gave up on selling pages !! They do my head in!! People were looking to spend £50-£100 for a full head and aftercare kit! I'd rather not attract it! I just have my page now an hopefully go by word of mouth with a little promoting on my page. I can't afford to give away a free competition either :/

I gave up on selling pages !! They do my head in!! People were looking to spend £50-£100 for a full head and aftercare kit! I'd rather not attract it! I just have my page now an hopefully go by word of mouth with a little promoting on my page. I can't afford to give away a free competition either :/

I havent even had that zoe, no interest at all :/

Dont worry thou, at this rate I'll never have to do the giveaway lol!

I havent even had that zoe, no interest at all :/

Dont worry thou, at this rate I'll never have to do the giveaway lol!

Sounds cheeky but maybe a few more models! The pics are a little bonus :)

Every 250 likes I give someone a free set of extensions as long as they like my page and share the post, its got me 8 enquiries this week alone. I specify my target audience as local towns, UK only, Female and age groups i cant recall exactly but 20 - 50 I go for iirc.

Every 250 likes I give someone a free set of extensions as long as they like my page and share the post, its got me 8 enquiries this week alone. I specify my target audience as local towns, UK only, Female and age groups i cant recall exactly but 20 - 50 I go for iirc.

I might set up my like page again then bt I only had about 200 on my first one lol

To me, the most important thing is getting your business coming up on the top search within google when people search 'hair extensions derby' or wherever you are.

You do this by setting up a google + page, adding your business to google places and having a free yell advert, this is what got me the most enquiries straight away, i literally had my first enquiry within hours of my business starting.

Another good marketing tool is spotted pages, post your ads and offers there, preferably in the evenings :)

Sorry to jump on this thread, but S.h.e. I've never heard of spotted, what is this? X

Sorry to jump on this thread, but S.h.e. I've never heard of spotted, what is this? X

On Facebook you should have these local town/village/city pages called for instance 'spotted derby' - there are so many of them and many will post adverts for you if you ask nicely :)

Thank you, I'll give that a go! :) xx

I agree with having lots of pics up of your BEST work. Helps.

Thanks for all the advice, I am going to get a website set up in the new year so hopefully that will help. I have got all my pictures on my Facebook pages, before and afters and at maintenance appointments. I would rather not advertise on any review sites (such as yell etc) as if you have an awkward client and they write a bad review it's stuck on there! I have done a few models and don't want to keep doing models as I know what I'm doing and will never make any money. I will see if my website will help x

Latest posts

Back