Feeling sick with worry about nail client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks everyone.
I know I'm fully covered insurance wise and have her signed record card etc, but still think I would be absolutely mortified if she successfully claimed against me.
Has anyone had a claim made against them before?

Ah she's making a claim :(

Stay positive hun let her make her claim and see how far it gets her, I hope you come off better xxx just remember you did nothing wrong x

Polish & Glow
Where everybody deserves to feel special

I know it's hard but really try not to worry, your insurance company will do the work for you now x

Apparently 'everyone's talking about it'
I hate that everyone just loves a drama and a good gossip. It's really unfair :(
I think that is what's upsetting me the most.

I just opened a space and yesterday the other renters were talking about me and I could hear them, " I would be closed in 6 weeks" " She won't last at all" kind of comments. I walked over to their hall and said" can someone show me where the radio is so I don't hear your conversation! Do not lower yourself to acknowledge them. It did knock my confidence, but they will never know it!!
Stay strong and hugs to you!

Aww how awful for you, like others have said this is why we all pay insurance!
Keep your head high, and put all of your energy into your business and loyal clients xx

Oh, so sorry to hear she has made a claim against you, I am not a professional but I come to this forum for advice sometimes and this has upset me that people can do this to someone who is just trying to provide a good service and earn a living. Don't let her or the mindless fools who are listening to her get to you. As someone else has said, let your work do the talking. Take care xx

Chin up and don't let the beggars get you down! I really feel for you. Let us know how it goes. :hug:

Miserable woman! Keep your head up although I'm sure it's making you feel extremely anxious! You stick to your facts and allow the insurers to deal with it xx

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah don't worry hun, let the insurers deal with her, sounds like she picked them off and fancied trying it on with you! Such a shame there are people like this! Chin up x

Thanks everyone, feel like this burden is a little lighter now :)

She has made a claim for what? Her nails lasting 5 weeks.

In 5 weeks she should of had 1 infil and coming up to her 2nd.

Does she think you are some sort of magician? What does she expect to gain from it. A nice fat cheque? I would understand if her nails didn't last the desired time but she has the cheek to make a claim.

Keep your head held high and just ignore it all. Your insurance will deal with her. Ive never heard something more bizarre.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I know she's being a right pain.
She's making a claim that her nails are now damaged because of the extensions, and 'will probably never be the same again'
She has been saying things like 'I used too much glue' and they 'felt tight'
But it's no good telling me 5 weeks later is it? She's denying she picked them off, saying they 'just came off'
Grrrr!
She's telling anyone that will listen that I'm bad at my job and that they have ruined her nails. I did actually have someone come in and make an appointment for nails just as I was giving this other woman a refund.....that new client has now cancelled after hearing her complain and all the other rumours going around. :(

I know she's being a right pain.
She's making a claim that her nails are now damaged because of the extensions, and 'will probably never be the same again'
She has been saying things like 'I used too much glue' and they 'felt tight'
But it's no good telling me 5 weeks later is it? She's denying she picked them off, saying they 'just came off'
Grrrr!
She's telling anyone that will listen that I'm bad at my job and that they have ruined her nails. I did actually have someone come in and make an appointment for nails just as I was giving this other woman a refund.....that new client has now cancelled after hearing her complain and all the other rumours going around. :(

Oh doll such a shame there is people like this in the world, try not to let it get to you too much. She is being ridiculous and what shes saying doesn't add up too much glue and felt tight, yet they just happened to fall off 😩. Let your insurance company deal with it and try let as much of it as possible go over your head. X

I agree with letting your insurance sort it but you need it sorted quickly if she's costing you clients. I would have a word with your insurance and see if it's ok to send her a solicitors letter with regard to the slander.
I agree there is no point in taking it further but a letter will probably be enough to stop her talking about you.
I really hope your insurance don't pay her and tell her to get lost.

I agree, a solicitors letter might scare her enough to stop her talking. If that's something you can do.

Good idea I will contact them and ask.

I agree with Oasis. Do you know anyone who is a solicitor??? If you do, they can put a letter together for you (as an individual rather than through their law firm therefore costing your zilch) saying that they're your solicitor and that you'll take legal action against her if she continues to talk about you. She does sound like a piece of work but for most people I think this would be enough to put the wind up them. Good luck, I hope this all turns out ok for you. I think the fact that she didn't come back and see you for so long really works in your favour. Firstly, if they felt that uncomfortable any sane person would be back within a couple of days and secondly, if she'd had proper maintenance it would all be fine x

Latest posts

Back