Festival hair gemstone parting adhesive advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vintagelover91

Reaction score
Can you tell I had no idea what to put in the subject?

ANYWAY.
Next weekend is a big local festival and I have lots of booking for braids with colourful braid hair, lots of face paint and hair glitter etc etc

Anyway, one client I have booked in booked for what is usually a package for hair styling, face gems (a la gypsy shrine) and glitter, but it turns out she has make up booked in after so doesn’t want face gems and thought it meant hair gems.

I think some gems stuck down the parting could look really cool, but usually I use Pros Aide sfx glue on skin and I’m not sure this would work/ever be removed from hair after?

Does anyone have any ideas on what i could use? Thanks guys! [emoji177][emoji177][emoji177]

I am not sure in the editorial side of things but if you have any contacts in the runway industry I would ask them. I am not sure about the safety on hair but PVA can be gotten non toxic so in terms of health that may be an option (It's also water soluble). If you know anyone in special effects makeup they may also have some options. Another potential option is to use extension tape. However they may need to come back into the salon to get it removed or be given some solvent. But it is designed to stick on hair and we can easily remove it.. I would be cautious on tape allergies however. Hopefully this helps.

Can you tell I had no idea what to put in the subject?

ANYWAY.
Next weekend is a big local festival and I have lots of booking for braids with colourful braid hair, lots of face paint and hair glitter etc etc

Anyway, one client I have booked in booked for what is usually a package for hair styling, face gems (a la gypsy shrine) and glitter, but it turns out she has make up booked in after so doesn’t want face gems and thought it meant hair gems.

I think some gems stuck down the parting could look really cool, but usually I use Pros Aide sfx glue on skin and I’m not sure this would work/ever be removed from hair after?

Does anyone have any ideas on what i could use? Thanks guys! [emoji177][emoji177][emoji177]

I would just say that it’s face gems and you don’t have the right adhesive for hair.. it’s up to her if she still wants to come in x

We use gel, just like a wet look gel. You can ,I’d glitter in with it and paint it on the parting wi5 a tint brush xx

30ad559e42b7bf73926c37f722681a24.jpg

Not sure if you can see the glitter very well, but that’s what I used for this, just glitter mixed in gel, and then paint on, will work for larger gems too xx

Thanks! I use hair gel for hair and fade glitter and in the end she didn’t go for gems so luckily we were all a-ok! Thanks tho [emoji8]

Latest posts

Back