Fete question advice needed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nail Delights

Reaction score
I have a question and maybe someone here can answer it i am not a nail tech but am in the business as i sell the products,

I am doing a local fete in july and have a table to sell my products ect and was thinking of offering painting the kids nails and putting stickers on ect, but

here is the real question i have been told that you have to be a childminder or equal to be able to do face painting due to the fact you are touching the child, now will this apply with nails? or can they only be done by a qualified tech?

thanks adell:hug:

just bumping up really can anyone help? if it has to be a trained tech does anyone in colchester fancy coming in on my pitch ect

oh come someone pleeaaaaaassssssseeeeeeee help x x x x

have not heard of that, but if its for children wont most of their parents be with them anyway

Thanks thats what i though but my mum works in a school shop and they were going to do face painting and were told by the local council they could not do it as they were not registered to "touch" children whatever that is meant to mean

just wondered if i was going barmey or if someone else had heard of it at all

Ha Ha you do sound a lil desperate, lol. My salon did a local fete a few years back and we did face painting on the kids and it was a massive hit. The parents were with them and it was only a few pounds, everyone loved it. Except my thighs the next day - children are short!
We also painted nails for a few pounds and didn't have a problem. Or you could do a hand scrub and massage if those are the products you are tryin to promote.
Good luck xx

thanks its the nail art we are trying to promote really just don't want to go breaking rules ect there is always so much presure when it comes to dealing with kids i would not mind so much but i have an 8 year old myself and i do her nails every week

Hi,my kids are 7 and 8 and have been having their faces and nails painted at these sort of events for what seems like years. A lot of the times it's talented school mums who do the face painting and I'm positive they won't all have CRBs. For a definitive answer, try your local Children's Information Service. If it turns out that you do have to have a CRB, then the world's gone mad ..... x

thanks and i agree things can go to far sometimes

Latest posts

Back