Fibromyalgia, any other sufferers?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pixie83

Reaction score
Hi don't want to sound like a martyr or anything but I was wondering if there are any other sufferers of fibro on here and how you cope with running a business.

I had a brilliant week last week , felt on top of the world, ..then yesterday boom. Even making a cuppa is killing me :-( , I am mobile too so lugging my couch, kit, table around is going to be really difficult .

Have been stuck on the sofa all day with my 7month old son, not even got dressed, had to have my 8yr old and 13 yr old help out with housework :-(...

Would just be nice to know there are others in the same boat that have been able to make a success of their business and continue to do a job they love :) ...wanna turn a negative into a positive :D

One of my clients has it. She had to give up work as a midwife as it took too much out of her. She is now registered as disabled. Probably not what you want to hear but you must look after your health first and foremost.

Hi- I suffer from osteoarthritis of the spine& hands. Being a beauty therapist has suffered and I adjusted my work in the last few years. No I can't massage anymore. I now sit and do nails 90% of the day. Yes, I can be sat there in agony, with tablets and regular massages I get through each day. Colleagues know what's wrong, which is a bonus. Being on your own mobile is tough. I have no words to say how you can get through. You will need support and a smile!

Hi don't want to sound like a martyr or anything but I was wondering if there are any other sufferers of fibro on here and how you cope with running a business.

I had a brilliant week last week , felt on top of the world, ..then yesterday boom. Even making a cuppa is killing me :-( , I am mobile too so lugging my couch, kit, table around is going to be really difficult .

Have been stuck on the sofa all day with my 7month old son, not even got dressed, had to have my 8yr old and 13 yr old help out with housework :-(...

Would just be nice to know there are others in the same boat that have been able to make a success of their business and continue to do a job they love :) ...wanna turn a negative into a positive :D

Hey, I have something very similar.. I have hypermobility syndrome! I struggle aswell constant pain and tiredness, I work a 4 day week and, my Sundays I spend on the sofa totally and utterly knackered. I have 2 boys age 10 and 14 so they are good when I'm down. People don't understand what you go through and how you feel when you have this.

Hi I am in the same boat I just take a pain killer and get on with it.... Its hard and can be very hard but I think passion see's me through its the same thing as love for my daughter.. If she wants something I do it... If I'm hungry tho I will just sit and suffer in silence.
My family don't really understand they think I'm making it up half the time :(

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hey, I have something very similar.. I have hypermobility syndrome! I struggle aswell constant pain and tiredness, I work a 4 day week and, my Sundays I spend on the sofa totally and utterly knackered. I have 2 boys age 10 and 14 so they are good when I'm down. People don't understand what you go through and how you feel when you have this.

I have this too. It can be really nasty sometimes. I think we mostly just suffer in silence... my hand is particularly painful today but there really is nothing that can be done. I think it's just one of those things where you have to plod along...x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I suffer from hyper mobility syndrome as well.

Very painful joints, & tired all the time, I but take painkillers & adapted my working practices.

It is easier now that I'm not mobile anymore tho. Xx

I do feel for you. Xx

Sent from my GT-S5830i using SalonGeek mobile app

I've suffered for 7yrs and no how you feel. ...its an awful illness and I find my flare up s are getting worse now im trying to work but its hard...been ill since last week and ended up in hospital as it was attacking my spine ..:(((((

Sent from my GT-N7105 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi I am in the same boat I just take a pain killer and get on with it.... Its hard and can be very hard but I think passion see's me through its the same thing as love for my daughter.. If she wants something I do it... If I'm hungry tho I will just sit and suffer in silence.
My family don't really understand they think I'm making it up half the time :(

I felt the same with my family but I think they are starting to understand now, I feel that i basically just need to get on with things myself. Part of our illness Is depression. Your better not to lie down to it cause that's when it kicks in.

I do not know any one else with the condition , so as bad as it sounds, it is nice to hear that there are others on here, especially in the same line of work x
Samantha are you not on mess from your GP ?? I am on co dydramol, naproxen, fluoxetine and amytryptaline .

I think I may go with the log cabin idea and work from home when it flares up and maybe take mobile appointments when I am we'll ??? Try and find a balance, hubby works away all week too , lucky bleeder lol x

I also have costachondritis, which is fun :)

Can't mope though as there are many people faaaar more worse off than me, it is just good to know I can come on here and b*tch about the condition if I want too :-D xxx

Are any of you tried yoga to help with your conditions?! I feel this really helps me

Are any of you tried yoga to help with your conditions?! I feel this really helps me

I've tried pilates and that sort of helped. It's finding the time to do it though :( x

I've tried things years ago but everything made me vomit and loose serious weight so all that I can take is pain killers and antibiotics, doc is baffled lol. I have been told there is new tablets but I just can't risk it as I'm only just starting out on public and I have an almost 2 year old and pregnant.
I am a strong believer of mind over matter but it doesn't work all the time. I am lazy to everyone in my family but I'm just spreading out my workload so I don't crash.

I also have fibro, but due to also having M.E, a bad heart condition and IBS (family think its chrones), i had to give up my mobile business a year ago. Im on strong painkillers for the reat of my life pretty much. But it is a horrible condition. Its hard for people to understand it, especially as it can affect one person more than another and be worse randomly some days.

Hey guys I just wondered out of interest and if no one wants to answer that's fine...how did you get your diagnosis? Thanks x

Hi Hun, I don't mind answering :) , ...I was referred to a rheumatologist who did various examinations, questions etc and they gave me the diagnosis x

Hey guys I just wondered out of interest and if no one wants to answer that's fine...how did you get your diagnosis? Thanks x

It was after about 7 years of test and still its not real to some doctor's so make sure you find one that actually understands the condition or they just waste your time.
Mine was actually a temp at the practice who put me in for all the tests and came back every month just for me :)

I am so sorry to hear what you have to deal with, with my own chronic conditions I know some of the frustrations. I have just had a new lady start her manicures with me for this, is there something you can recommend me to do to make them lovely for her? Heated mitts and paraffin help?
Hope this doesn't offend just like to help a little x

Thank you. It's just that I told my doctor today that I was getting pains everywhere and she got a bit worried and sent me off for blood tests...not really sure what to think at the moment lol but I guess I will just keep pushing it if it hurts and I need referals to someone who knows a bit more...x

I am so sorry to hear what you have to deal with, with my own chronic conditions I know some of the frustrations. I have just had a new lady start her manicures with me for this, is there something you can recommend me to do to make them lovely for her? Heated mitts and paraffin help?
Hope this doesn't offend just like to help a little x

Just be gentle with her ask her to move her hands were you need them don't move them for her as it wouldn't necessarily hurt her then but could cause her pain the next day which she will remember its because you forced her hand in that direction. And make sure she is sitting comfortably... If she isn't she won't say she isn't so its your job to make sure she is. Thank you for asking and wanting to do what is best for your client x

Latest posts

Back