Files ....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bridget1802

Reaction score
I currently use cnd hot shot files... I seem to be going through them like no tomorrow how many rebalances should a file do or do you all use a fresh one each time?
Thanks
Vicky x

I use a fresh new file for each re-balance client, well I used to untill I invested in an e-file. :biggrin:

I currently use cnd hot shot files... I seem to be going through them like no tomorrow how many rebalances should a file do or do you all use a fresh one each time?
Thanks
Vicky x
Hot shots are really long lasting... I get around twenty rebalances... Unless...

- You could be applying too thickly, so having to do too much filing
- if you're pressing too hard you will wear them down quickly and not actually debulk any faster let the file do the work and use the full length per stroke
(if you get creases on them - you're pressing too hard)
- properly clean them with a hard brush and disinfectant to clean out any debris blocking up the grit

A great tip -
Keep one set of files per client (in a paper bag - not plastic) with their name on it
Not only will you feel like your not running through so many files but you clients will be impressed with your health and sanitation ;)
(of course still disinfect them after each use)

Hth's

Thanks it's maybe a bit of everything, maybe pressing too hard and although using Mundo file disinfectant I don't scrub them with a brush I presume this brings them back to life, I did try the 1 file per client a few years ago but as I'm mobile in all honesty I found it to be a bit of
a chew,

Hi Bridget,

Surface disinfectants (sprays) only disinfect the surface they dry on...

if you are not scrubbing off the filings & particles then you are actually not disinfecting your files... the very next time you pick that file up and use it, these particles come off on the next client and the undisinfected areas are now being used

You must clean any area to be disinfected of any particles prior to spraying disinfectant - this includes all tools/files and wipe down tables etc too...

I find a nail brush works very well as it has hard bristles that quickly remove filings...

Plus, everything will seem to last longer..

Latest posts

Back