filing gels

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ariaaland

Reaction score
hi i am totally perplexed by this one, some gels call for you to file and buff after removing the tacky residue after curing, it says you are to file and shape perimter and freedge of nail, and then you can apply gloff finish, but how can you file and shape freeedge without removing the cap on the gel. i always file and buff and i wonder now if that is why i lifting problems. any theories/ideas/help advice?

thanks much

As long as you cap your finish gel afterwards then it should be fine.

Each layer i do i cap the free edge to prevent it shrinking back over. On my final cure i wipe and file to shape. I hold my file at a 45 degree angle then finish with top gloss capping again

I always cap the gel. I know what you mean you could end up filing it off if you file the free edge again. This does cause lifting I normally cap agin very lightly. I have stopped using the glossy top coats. They always make the nails look to think. If you apply to thinly they go patchy. I have been buffing with a three way file to finish the nails. Although they are not as glossy they look more natural and keep the shape that was created in the begining.

beautybonanza said:
I always cap the gel. I know what you mean you could end up filing it off if you file the free edge again. This does cause lifting I normally cap agin very lightly. I have stopped using the glossy top coats. They always make the nails look to think. If you apply to thinly they go patchy. I have been buffing with a three way file to finish the nails. Although they are not as glossy they look more natural and keep the shape that was created in the begining.

hi sorry for just responding but been off for a while and was not near a computer thanks for your input
max

Latest posts

Back