Fin tips? Different types? shapes / colours

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JOM

Reaction score
Apart from NSI where can I get differant "fin" (with a lip on the smile line) tips? EG. NSI French Fin.

- I want to see differant shape smile lines, if poss in a V or deep like EZflow perfection type smile line... but they have to have a fin.

- I also would like to see and clear tips with a fin?

thanks in advance,
john :)

I have never seen any other brand beside NSI who have the nail Fin on there tips

why do you feel the need for a fin on these tips, maybe you could have some extra support on application and then it wouldn't be a need.

It's not really a need... just a process improvment that could be an option for other shape tips as the fin makes it easier (hence a cycle time reduction) to seperate the tip when doing glitter tips etc
tips with raised "fin" separate application of pink and white acrylic or gel for French two-tone product placement. Perfect Permanent French nails are easily created without expertise or time consuming work of traditional sculpting methods.
^^^ NSI quote that's the main reason, in manufacturing terms (my background) it's a poke yoke system.

- What do you mean by "some extra support on application"? Is there already a process or tool out there for this?

cheers

\bump/

is it only NSI then?

Yes i think so..

How are you supposed to blend fin tips? Probably one of the daftest question buy I've never even seen one properly!

you put white product up til the fin, and then you apply pink on the other side and drag the pink over the white like you would do with normal P&W, file and buf, that´s it..

i havent seen these offered by anyone other than nsi.

if you are looking to seperate your glitter/ colour applications, perhaps you could try applying all the colour tip area first and then go back to do the rest of the nail once this is set. i always do this and it works perfectly, a lot of my clients have this.
keeing a seperate brush and monomer dish for your glitter/colour application will also prevent any bits going astray. use clear or natural well less tips and follow the smile line fo a fast crisp look.

you could also try purchased coloured tips with a clear overlay on. very speedy.

hope that might help you.

I will try to see if someone will do the v shaped smile this week and get a picture of it for you, I've done it before a few times. I've done a diagonal smile before w/blended coloured acrylic and translucent flakes....
205801.jpg

That would be nice to have a look at Artsy thanks.

It would be good if there were others like french fin as the repeat ability and time saved by having the fin to seperate but if they are not available which is how it seems we will carry on as we have been for other smile lines (like Angel 's process is).

The suggestion of using pre-coloured tips is a good one and some of the designs are great.
But because you are not crafting it yourself is in a way similar to buying a piece of artwork in a print and actually seeing it done in front of you - the end product is probably just the same but it isn't (Ithink) as appreciated as much (in my humble opinion) by the client.

I am just looking at things I can ask my nail tech to do for halloween, something like these from klb nails and beauty's gallery would be ideal:
claire3-t.jpg

Latest posts

Back