Finally growing a pair!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jocie

Reaction score
I have womaned up and told my friend she will have to pay me for her set tomorrow....no text back though..:irked:

Don't think she is to happy with me though. Oh well. She had been paying me less and less each time and it was getting old. I didn't no how to tell her I was mad and feel like I had been takin advantage of so I just said it.

Now I feel bad..but I gave her 10 bucks off. I didn't even have to do that. This is why I don't give deals in the first place :(

I have womaned up and told my friend she will have to pay me for her set tomorrow....no text back though..:irked:

Don't think she is to happy with me though. Oh well. She had been paying me less and less each time and it was getting old. I didn't no how to tell her I was mad and feel like I had been takin advantage of so I just said it.

Now I feel bad..but I gave her 10 bucks off. I didn't even have to do that. This is why I don't give deals in the first place :(

Good on you! We should be paid whether it is a friend or not. Friends do take advantage and think just because they are friends that they can have free treatments whenever.

My bf sister is the same. I have done rockstars and tans for her many a time as she babysat for us but then I get a text at 7pm at night asking to pop round and do her tan for free. Erm no, I'm a business and at 7pm if I'm not working I'm putting my children to bed and reading a story which I don't get to do very often. it drives me insane that some people think I'm just their free mobile beauty service! The only person I offer discount to is my best friend and she rarely gets anything done! Bf mum gets her things free but she helps us so much.

Your in your right to charge so well done :) x sorry for the ramble lol x

I have one friend that I do for free. But this is an arrangement that we made between us, she is my guinea pig and I basically tell her what she is having done lol, I also use her hands on any promotional material and she is going to help me out with childcare in return. So far *touch wood* the rest have paid.

Just got a nasty text back! But im ticked go to the salon then, gareented my boss wouldnt but up with her crap. I work 11 till 8 then I have a few home clients on my days off and evenings. Im tired and then I get a snooty commant because I wanna get payed for working after hours when I have worked 9 hours in a day? The nerve whem I have people more then willing to take that appointment and pay full price (plus a tip sometimes)

She calls it our "girls night" oh how fun and relaxing for me staying up till 12 at night doing her crap. Nobody ever does my nails or pay for my product i have used when I do my nails.
sorry ladies that was one hell of a rant lol xo

Good on you! We should be paid whether it is a friend or not. Friends do take advantage and think just because they are friends that they can have free treatments whenever.

My bf sister is the same. I have done rockstars and tans for her many a time as she babysat for us but then I get a text at 7pm at night asking to pop round and do her tan for free. Erm no, I'm a business and at 7pm if I'm not working I'm putting my children to bed and reading a story which I don't get to do very often. it drives me insane that some people think I'm just their free mobile beauty service! The only person I offer discount to is my best friend and she rarely gets anything done! Bf mum gets her things free but she helps us so much.

Your in your right to charge so well done :) x sorry for the ramble lol x

Thats ok you can ramble all you want :)

It's not nice or fair. A family friend wasn't happy when I said I'd no longer be £5 because I wasn't training. She want to a salon for a quote and came running back to me. When she was made redundant i have her a great offer of her hair being lightened and a 6.3 colour put over with a restyle and blowdry for £40, she thought it was a bit expensive and went to a salon, pooped herself at the price and realised I was doing her a personal great offer. I'm expecting to lose her web I go to a salon as the only mobile work I will do is brides or elderly who live in the assisted living home across the road xoxo

None of my friends expect their treatments for free. If I ever do ask for any less than my price for whatever reason they insist I take the full amount.... Those a true friends I think :)
Good on you for standing up to her though. Xx

She has actully texted me and asked how much for a fill. Really? She knows my prices. That is so rude. Lol

Don't waste your energy. If she is not willing to pay for something everyone else is required to pay for then don't do her nails anymore. It's so irritating to hear that she got mad at you. This is an expensive job. Product and training is not cheap and we all have ourselves and/or our families to feed

She actully just called for a ride, asked if 20 bucks is ok for a set. I told her 35 and told me then I have to drive to the liquor store. Grr I told her no.

Latest posts

Back