Finally mastered Vinlyux

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rachg

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

This is not a thread bragging but im just so happy this weekend I had a full morning of doing file & polishes using vinylux and every single one of them came out perfect... I think iv finally mastered it.

I went in there feeling nervous but just remembered what id been practicing and all the tips and im so happy with how they all went so this weekend I sold all my opi and now I only use Vinylux.

For anybody struggling with vinylux don't give up! because when you finally get there its so worth it :) x

😀😃😁

I think the people that struggle with vinylux are that used to shellac or some other kind of gel polish.. You have to think of it as a regular polish, be quick, don't play with it too much and load your brush up decently, not so it's dripping everywhere but not so it's as thin as possible with shellac x

Hello there. well done for mastering it but please can you explain to me what it is?

yes I use shellac so probably why I struggled at first. I load my brush up not too much so it floods the nail but enough to cover without having to get more from the bottle, I do a slightly thinner coat with my first coat.. I then leave that a minute or 2 till it has dried a little ( tbh by the time iv painted all the other 9 nails its usually dry enough for 2nd coat) then I do my 2nd coat the same way but slightly thicker. If you don't wait for it to dry abit then the next coat you do pulls the colour away.... I then wait a few minutes to do topcoat I load my brush up and put plenty of topcoat on. I then leave them for roughly 8-10mins and there good to go. One tip is that when your brushing it on float it on don't drag I generally can do the nail in 3 stokes I think that also helps x

yes I use shellac so probably why I struggled at first. I load my brush up not too much so it floods the nail but enough to cover without having to get more from the bottle, I do a slightly thinner coat with my first coat.. I then leave that a minute or 2 till it has dried a little ( tbh by the time iv painted all the other 9 nails its usually dry enough for 2nd coat) then I do my 2nd coat the same way but slightly thicker. If you don't wait for it to dry abit then the next coat you do pulls the colour away.... I then wait a few minutes to do topcoat I load my brush up and put plenty of topcoat on. I then leave them for roughly 8-10mins and there good to go. One tip is that when your brushing it on float it on don't drag I generally can do the nail in 3 stokes I think that also helps x

Hi there i find that it starts going thick as im about to do second coat and doesnt paint properly :(

Make sure the first coat is dry before u apply the 2nd shake the polish really well ive only ever had a problem like tht if my bottle needs replacing because the polish has gone thick and gloopy never when using bottles that are ok x

Make sure the first coat is dry before u apply the 2nd shake the polish really well ive only ever had a problem like tht if my bottle needs replacing because the polish has gone thick and gloopy never when using bottles that are ok x

Its like its open too long doin the app but i go as fast as i can i do have to close and shake an go again they are all new bottles as in last 2 months :/

Latest posts

Back