Finding A Salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ellcee

Reaction score
Hiya, sorry I wasn't sure if this was the correct place to post.
Im nearly finished my 2nd year at college and looking for a job in a salon at the moment. I typed a letter and was just going to go around and hand in to salons in my area. But one of my lecturers said that no one really looks at the letters and are just really put on the junk pile, and that I should go in and ask or phone. Just wondered how any of you applied or if you have a salon what do you prefer people doing? I thought phoning might not be good as obviously could be too busy, I thought a letter was the best way. Just wondered what any of you though. thanks x

I would look at a letter especially if your enhusiasim shone through ,

I think if you write to a salon you should tell them why you think you would make a good hairdresser

good luck :hug: minky

Well I had an email today from a young lady asking for an apprenticship and I have to say it was terrible..

I e-mailed her back and asked for her CV and a little information about herself...

What I got back....

Text talk, no CV, nothing about herself...Just a few lines of complete rubbish.....

Post your letter to every salon in town,,,,,,I have applied for jobs this way myself and have been very successful,,,,

Good luck xx

Why don't you send a CV with a covering letter. Most salons will keep a CV on file for future reference. Or if you want to go into a salon and ask, take a CV with you to leave with them.
Oh, and PLEASE make sure the spelling and grammar are all correct.

Thanks! im going to give them to every salon around lol someone will take me!
I defo will Rouge, spell checker on word ofcourse lol

I am being inundated at the moment with cv's and phonecalls from want to be apprentices. You need to do something to stand out from everyone else, so definetely ring or call in, but at least have something prepared about what you will say. One CV that has stood out for me had the applicants photo on so it added a bit of personality to it, rather than just being a list of qualifications etc. Did one interview this week and the guy obviously hadn't thought about what to say, why he wanted to be in hairdressing, whay did he apply to my salon etc really didn't do him self any favours. There are lots of people newly qualified and looking for further training and new apprentices about at the moment so think how you can be better than the rest.

Latest posts

Back