Finger Burn - ouch

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fab Freak

Reaction score
I had my bussiest weekend to date - but suffered the consquence with this of burning my index finger with my file - the weird thing is I dont remember doing it....or why it would start doing this now after 18 months??

Does anyone elese ever feel the burn :?:

Are you talking about the index finger of your filing hand or the index finger of the 'holding' hand? Which had the burn?

geeg said:
Are you talking about the index finger of your filing hand or the index finger of the 'holding' hand? Which had the burn?
My holding hand... :o

Right .... just so this never happens again.

Always hold the finger you are working on with only these 3 digits. The thumb, index and middle finger.

Place the thumb and index finger each side of the finger you are working on, and the MIDDLE finger .... put it under the finger you are holding and lay it on the underside for great support PLUS it never gets in the way of the abrasive so it never gets filed!!

Also, the elbow of the holding hand should not be at your side when you are working as it gets you all bunched up and you get in your own way. Whilst holding the finger in the above way, make sure your elbow is resting on the desk and in line with the desk. This opens up a huge window for you to work in and you should never get in the way again. It really works and is a whole lot more comfortable for you and stable for your client. HTH

Thanks Gigi - I've got two sisters booked in tonight for L&P so will follow this guide, I have not been working with my fingers in this position so no wonder I have caught myself - it makes perfect sence now you've told me lol...ttfn

Glad to see this post as I managed to get "thumb" burn last week - ouch :o Will try Geeg's method and hopefully save my poorly thumb and more distress.

Shaza

I'll also try this technique - the tips of a couple of fingers and a thumb are constantly red and very sensitive to temperature :eek: . I don't think I have fingerprints left - I'd be a good accomplice in a burglary lol :lol:

Latest posts

Back