Finish off the phrase

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MummyCat

Reaction score
You know you've been working in the Nails/Hair/Beauty industry too long when...

...you're totally OCD over the way your towels are folded.

...whenever you are having a conversation with someone and they say "stop looking at my hair!"

I can't help it!..

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

...whenever you are having a conversation with someone and they say "stop looking at my hair!"

I can't help it!..

I do this too lol

Me too. And I always imagine what I'd do to strangers hair..what color cut I can't help that either lol

....when you become that bore you've always hated being stuck with at a party. Eyes glaze as I spout on about skincare, and then people look scared when I say "May I touch your face?"

....when you become that bore you've always hated being stuck with at a party. Eyes glaze as I spout on about skincare, and then people look scared when I say "May I touch your face?"

That would freak me out.. lol

That would freak me out.. lol

It does when she whispers it in their ear :p

I'm always looking at people's nails and in summer their feet if they're wearing open toed shoes. They may aswell have their faces on their feet.

Yeah, it would give me time to run :)

I'm always looking at people's nails and in summer their feet if they're wearing open toed shoes. They may aswell have their faces on their feet.

Me too!! Always feel the need to comment if someone has open toed shoes & no paint on their toe nails!!! Can't believe people do this honestly hahaha & I have only been in the biz coming up 2 years ;)

You ignore your sister texting you to come "pluck" her 6 months worth of brows! Do em ur bloody self or go to a salon like every other person! (I'm not mobile) glad I got that one off my chest 😅😆😤

people who are not currently regular clients but who you have "serviced" in the past, say, 10 years, feel the urge to show you a troublesome nail when you bump into them in the bank or to flip their hand out to show you how well they've done since they had their acrylics off and managed to grow their own when you bump into them by the frozen chips in tesco :rolleyes:

So glad I'm not the only one that gets those :irked:

You know you've been working in the Nails/Hair/Beauty industry too long when...

.... Your 26yro client (eldest daughters schoolfriend) says "can you remember when we all used to come to your house with a Pk of false nails to be measured and decorated and come back 3days later to have them glued on.. We were 13 then"
And that little comment reminds you that you were also doing this for your own school friends when you were 14, and still loving it as you did way back then ;)
Lol.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

when your kids know exactly how to set up your nail station and surrounding bits if you're short of time, plug everything in for you and leave it ready for you to start!

And certain members of the family say things like "who's coming tonight" - and actually KNOW who it is when you say a name and quote which car they drive or that they have purple hair or that they try to go six weeks between appointments

When you have their tea made just how they like it ready for when they arrive.

when your kids know exactly how to set up your nail station and surrounding bits if you're short of time, plug everything in for you and leave it ready for you to start!

And certain members of the family say things like "who's coming tonight" - and actually KNOW who it is when you say a name and quote which car they drive or that they have purple hair or that they try to go six weeks between appointments

When you have their tea made just how they like it ready for when they arrive.

You just described last night! :eek:

I've only been in the industry three years but my son tells me when I retire the business is his (im only 32!)

Mind you he also says he's going to be a bus and train driver, an inventor and a rugby player. . . reach for the stars my boy :) xxx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

When you wake up and know that the new client you have booked at 10.30 is not going to turn up, did this this morning and its happened before always newbies :-(

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back