First adult passport

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

natbc1985

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has any experience of applying for their first adult passport since they have started interviewing.

I'm hoping to go away with the family in the beginning of October but I don't have a passport. I am sending my application on Tuesday via check and send. Some sites i have read allow up to 6 weeks and others say allow at least 6 weeks so I'm getting a little worried I won't be able to go.

Just feel really stressed over it. Does anyone know if I should have a problem with 10 weeks to go

Thanks if anyone can help x

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S using SalonGeek

You can do check and send and also pay a bit extra to get your passport quicker, I had to do this 2 years ago and if I remember correctly I'm sure I got it back within 14 days.

10 weeks should be more than enough time. HTH

Just a side note, is this your very first passport, ever? you have not had one as a child?

If this is the case then I would agree that it will probably be about 6 weeks due to the new interviews that they now do to check your identity.

I Wouldn't worry though you have 10 weeks. HTH

Check and send is really quick usually 2 weeks the most but being your first passport it may take a bit longer. But it will definitely be no more than 4 weeks. It will come in time. Xx

Was on my dads as a child so this Would be my first passport.

Feeling a lot calmer now thanks x

We have just booked a holiday for next May and our boys are 2 and 3. We have to get them both a passport, pay £50.00 each and it only lasts 5 years!

More expense!

Hope it arrives in time and have a lovely holiday xx

One of our friends was in the same position,5 weeks til holiday and hadn't sent off for first passport,he got it within three weeks without having to pay extra. Give them a call and explain your situation hun and they will sort you out xx

Essential Bliss Beauty Therapy

I am sure you have got enough time. I sent mine off on Thursday to change to my married name and will (hopefully) be on holiday in 4 weeks if it comes back in time! xx

We have just booked a holiday for next May and our boys are 2 and 3. We have to get them both a passport, pay £50.00 each and it only lasts 5 years!

More expense!

Hope it arrives in time and have a lovely holiday xx

Got to get my sons at the same time as mine, didn't know they only lasted 5 yrs x

Latest posts

Back