First Artistic Colour Gloss and now OPI Gel Colour reduced in price

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicole333

Reaction score
I received an email today from Lena White saying that OPI Gel Colour will now be sold at a new reduced price (I will not post trade prices). So first it was Artistic Colour Gloss and now OPI Gel Colour. I wonder if this will start to spread across the board.

I received an email today from Lena White saying that OPI Gel Colour will now be sold at a new reduced price (I will not post trade prices). So first it was Artistic Colour Gloss and now OPI Gel Colour. I wonder if this will start to spread across the board.

Really I didn't get that email. Perhaps because it's sold cheaper to non-professionals than professionals :sad:

I got it too, I have never tried it but I may give it a go now the price is similar to shellac

Please could someone pm me the new opi price?

I got it too, I have never tried it but I may give it a go now the price is similar to shellac

It's also 15 ml which is double the size of Shellac.

I guess it's due to the low prices of gel polish on amazon, ebay etc.

So glad you mentioned that. I had totally missed that email :)

I don't know how much it cost prior to this as I have never used it, but the new price is around two pounds more than CND Shellac, both ex vat.

Will this be at Olympia beauty? Would move to see it first. I got the email too do was intrigued

OPI are always at the trade shows and have a very large stand.

I'm not sure if Salon Services sell the OPI Gel Colour, but it's VAT free day tomorrow in the UK, so you save even more. :biggrin:

Is this a permanent price reduction or a time limited sale?

Artistic colour gloss is a permanent price reduction, in line with changes in the gel polish market was how the email was worded.

They have obviously just realised how greedy they were in the first place! It's a massive reduction since I first ordered it :Scared:

Wow not often we see something like that lol

I don't know how much it cost prior to this as I have never used it, but the new price is around two pounds more than CND Shellac, both ex vat.

OPI bottles are double the size of Shellac bottles.

I thought S2 had also reduced the price of Shellac recently? Only Harmony to go it seems.

Surely something has changed in the law regarding "Sole Distribution" or import rights??? There are suddenly so many new sellers of branded products and rather than being able to stop them, the big distributors are reducing their prices to compete. Good news for all us end users.

OPI bottles are double the size of Shellac bottles.

I thought S2 had also reduced the price of Shellac recently? Only Harmony to go it seems.

Surely something has changed in the law regarding "Sole Distribution" or import rights??? There are suddenly so many new sellers of branded products and rather than being able to stop them, the big distributors are reducing their prices to compete. Good news for all us end users.

Indeedy, so a lot more sets out of those and price per ml blows it out of the window. The Shellac sale was only temporary and I know Samuel gave a reason for it being on, but it seemed an odd thing to do and right now with the reductions going on, apart from these are permanent.

Latest posts

Back