FIRST attempt at UV gel picture

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tinaballerina

Reaction score
Hey Geeks,

I'm going on a uv gel course at the end of august but could'nt help but have a go before!

What do you think? I would really appreciate tips on how I could improve?
tinaballerina-albums-my+work+%3A%29-picture39664-first-go-uv-gel-nails-my-hands.jpg

tinaballerina-albums-my+work+%3A%29-picture39665-first-attempt-uv-gel-my-hand.jpg

Sorry not the best piccies i know
Thanks xx

First up, I know it's hard but you would be better to wait until your course before you keep playing, you don't want to get any bad habits before you even begin and then struggle to learn to change them, plus you don't want to do any damage to your nails due to not knowing the correct technique which could hinder you once you actually start your course.

As for the nails, due to the pic being a bit blurry it's hard to see but the things that stand out for me are:
Your side walls need filing in, the nails flair out too much.
There is too much white tip V's nail bed, reduce the white to bring the nail into balance a lot more.
I can't see enough to comment on anything else I'm sorry.

Good luck with your course, I'm sure you will enjoy yourself.

they look lovely x

I really would discourage you from doing them before your course.

Really.

I really would discourage you from doing them before your course.

Really.

WHy? are they that bad, I wouldn't do them on the public without doing my course I had a practice on myself whats the harm in that!!

WHy? are they that bad, I wouldn't do them on the public without doing my course I had a practice on myself whats the harm in that!!

We probably all had a mess before training , :)
And for most there is probably no harm....
BUT allergic reactions develop through continuos over exposure ,

If you don't know how to work with it safely and you over expose your self and build a reaction ,
There will be no point qualifying in gels as you will be done before you start!

No no, they are not that bad, you have done well.
We are just being cautious that's all.
Mizzy_Dizzy is right, if you play around on yourself a lot before the course and cause yourself an overexposure issue, you could be dooming your own future before you even begin.
It's also not just about reactions, it's also about the damage you could do to your nails due to not knowing what's right and what's wrong with your prep and application.
You could even end up with a greenie and that is not a nice thing to take to class with you.

Of course the decision is up to you but just be careful. Please don't take it as us being nasty, we are not, we are just looking out for your best interest.

First up, I know it's hard but you would be better to wait until your course before you keep playing, you don't want to get any bad habits before you even begin and then struggle to learn to change them, plus you don't want to do any damage to your nails due to not knowing the correct technique which could hinder you once you actually start your course.

Good luck with your course, I'm sure you will enjoy yourself.

I totally agree. It's much easier to learn the correct way to do something than to do it incorrectly, then have to re-learn. Patience will pay off.

Good luck with your course. :)

Thanks for your advice geeks! I didn't file over them and have today and they look much better!

I know I shud have waited I just couldnt resist, ive recently been on an acrylics nails course (I need to practice a lot with these to) I just get nervous going on the courses and like to have a god myself first after watching videos etc...!

I feel like I am never going to be any good at them though!! x x

You could even end up with a greenie and that is not a nice thing to take to class with you.

Oo whats a greenie?! that doesnt sound to nice!! x

Oo whats a greenie?!

Exactly why you should wait to take the course, before practicing. I know how it is to be excited about something but patience does pay offl :)

Hey! I just found out what a greenie is, that doesn’t sound to nice at all! I'm just very surprised that I was not taught this on my acyrlic nails course!!

Latest posts

Back