First Client any tips?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jee-nails

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have my first paying client on Thursday for a full set of gel enhancements. Just wondering if any of you have any tips? I plan to wear my Creative uniform. I have my client record card and enhancement after care printed out ready for her. Some advive I read was to keep my elbows tight to my side to prevent ski jumps when applying tips. Anything else? This woman could put more clients my way but obviously must do a great job, if I dont I think I may sell my things on GeekBay!!
All advice welcome please.

Have confidience in yourself, & i am sure you will do great.

jee-nails said:
obviously must do a great job, if I dont I think I may sell my things on GeekBay!!
why would you want to do that? don't think about throwing the towel in before you've started, that would be like accepting defeat before going into battle.

the best thing to do is to try your best to relax, you've done the training, you know what you're doing... you'll be fine, honestly :D
hope it all goes well for you xxx

You sound really organised, I know its difficult but try to overcome your nerves, ensure your desk is set up with everthing you will need and have a pen to hand for the record card.
You will be fantastic and you will produce beautiful nails she will be proud to wear.
Let us know how you get on
KxXx

nemotail said:
You sound really organised, I know its difficult but try to overcome your nerves, ensure your desk is set up with everthing you will need and have a pen to hand for the record card.
You will be fantastic and you will produce beautiful nails she will be proud to wear.
Let us know how you get on
KxXx

Oh yes a pen, didnt think of that lol! Yes Im always very organised, Im just nervous I suppose. Im working mobile, so Ill be going to her. Finished my foundation about 4 weeks ago and this is my first client. I sat in the kitchen tonight with my NailClass open, practicing on tips, although I know its not the same as a person. Ill let you know how I get on. Thanks.

Good luck chuck - you will be fine i'm sure xxxx sounds like you have got everything under control xxxxx

Hope it all goes well.Do let us know how you got on!

Hi there
We all had to start somewhere, and this is yours. You love nails, correct? you have a passion for them? believe in your self and you will go far. If you want it bad enough go get it girlie! You will do great (promise) tell yourself that rather than thinking otherwise :)

You will do just fine babe.....
remember to check your kit before you set off...........take some Solar oil to retail to your client.......and don't forget to smile lol....... oh yes and enjoy yourself....

Good luck and no I don't think Ebay will be even thought about.....Just go nand do your thing babe..... it will be fine promise.....

Hi there

Relax-
Have only the items out you are using at the time.

ie: prep -Cool Blue - lint free pads - Scrub Fresh - enamel remover - cuitcle remover - cuticle pusher.

Tip application: Tips - glue - file - cutters/clippers.
and so on

Dont forget to have a tidy[preferrably with a lid] to discard all your used things in - separate from clean.

Replace & tidy after EACH step is complete.
Dont drop the tip box;)

Have your leaflets / flyers /MMA info/ business card - ready to give to your client before you apply enamel. Book her next appointment. Keys - wallet - sunglasses -m-ph handy as well[less chance of smudging the finished enamel]

HtH
XXJXX

Thank you all so much, you've really boosted my confidence. Really looking forward to going to her now, after all this is my chance to prove (especially to myself) that I know my stuff and that I can give her a great set of nails, and that this is the beginning.........

will keep you posted.

Oh good luck I am sure you will do a great job take some photos.

Caz xxx

Latest posts

Back