First client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donna-louise

Reaction score
Well tonight I did my first client. All day I felt sick and felt like ringing her up to cancel, but I got through it because of the replies that I got from some of you saying that you all had first time nerves. Any way it went really well apart from the fact that it took me four and a half hours to do. It did`nt take all this time to do the actual nails. The lady rang me to ask if I could remove a set of nails off her right hand as she could`nt get them off, guess what it took two and a half hours to soak them off. Apparently the last tech she went to put tips and overlay over the existing tips and overlay has anyone ever known this to happen I could`nt believe what I had seen or heard. Anyway after I had finished her nails she was very happy so as you can all imagine I am over the moon at the moment.

donna-louise

Well done Donna. I have only ever done nails on people I know so I too am dreading my first 'stranger' client.

Dont feel so bad... for the first 6 months of doing nails, it took me over 6 hours to complete a full set!!!

Saying that... 2.5 hours for removal is a bit long! Try doing a search on removal to get some tips on speeding that process up!

hi Donna

well done on your first set on a stranger! its scary but exciting at the same time! and dont worry about your times you will get faster before you know it! it used to take me around 3 hours to do and bit by bit i got quicker with out realising i have been doing them since feb and it takes me around 1hour 45 mins to do them....i never noticed how quick i got untill my longest serving (& first ever) customer noticed!
not sure about the set over the top of the other set, maybe they were different types of system (hence the year and a half to soak them off!)
Good luck with your next client it will get easier and you will love it more and more xxxkatxxx

Thanks for your replies. R.E. THE REMOVAL.

I filed over theacrylic and then soaked them in acetone and every 15 mins i took them out scraped them with an orange stick then put them back in the acetone. Did I do right because it only takes an hour to soak mine and my mums off (not at the same time i hasten to add).

donna-louise

I'm sure that on one of the previous threads on removal that you should NOT take them out of the acetone as this causes the enhancements to re-harden, so in theory starting again.

Where I used to have my nails done, this was the normal method of removal and my nails afterwards were always sore and sensitive... so much so I have switched technicians and now wear Gel enhancements instead...

donna-louise said:
Thanks for your replies. R.E. THE REMOVAL.

I filed over theacrylic and then soaked them in acetone and every 15 mins i took them out scraped them with an orange stick then put them back in the acetone. Did I do right because it only takes an hour to soak mine and my mums off (not at the same time i hasten to add).

donna-louise

Hi hun - well done on your first customer, I remember mine like it was yesterday...

this is how I remove L&P (acrylic)
First file down the enhancment using a 180 grit file
Then I take a cotton pad cut to nail size and soak in product remover/acetone
Next place on nail and wrap nail with kitchen foil (shiney side inwards)
and leave for 15 minutes the use and orange stick or an old 240 grit file to ease off nail.
If needed rewrap again to soak off..
once done slather in Cuticle OIl...

Or if you prefer leave in a manicure bowl soaking in acetone and remove one pinkie at a time to remove the product, once the nail hits the air again it will start to solidify again....

hope this helps you Donna

ho

I do as described by Louise above, but i find that the bowl in bowl method helps too.... put some hot water in a bowl then place another bowl inside that so you aren't actually touching the hot water, then place fingers wrapped in cotton wool, foil etc inside the bowl and cover with a towel and LEAVE for 15 - 20 minutes...... hth x

Latest posts

Back