First curly blow dry!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dgolds

Reaction score
I highlighted my daughters hair tonight, & did my first curly blow dry on a human head! Wasn't sure how to finish it though so took pics first lol! Loved the back but not sure bout the front! X ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1408138790.501886.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1408138804.549632.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1408138813.331051.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1408138822.680936.jpg x

Very pretty, you've got a lovely soft curl. Only thing I would say is try to alternate the direction of the curls to make it a bit more natural looking. :o

Thank you! Ok I will try that xx

Awesome!....play with her part more, try partially diagonal or uneven zig-zag or more random. It looks fine but seems oddly straight or something. A light hairspray on your hands then run through her bang sweep like your running your hand through it to push it to the side is a nice finishing trick for making it stick in place better.

Thank you I will try that next time! X

How did you section the hair?
A curly blowdry really starts from your sectioning and the direction the hair the being pull and rolled around the brush it really affects the outcome
Did you leave the brushes in or wrap the hair around your fingers and pin like a barrel curl to set until cooled down this can also really help with the curly outcome there is a little art to this and once you perfect it there will be no stopping you!
Well done on your first curly blow dry it looks nice but could be a lot better with some great tips! 👍 x

Beckstar, thank you! I sectioned from the bottom, no I didn't put them into barrel curls but I will Deffo try that next time, I did all the curls the same way but next time will vary it. I mostly work on short hair so it's nice to have a practice on my Daughters hair, will take all the advice on board for the next time thank you xx

Looks good! I would just try blasting a bit more volume into those roots, as a curly blow dry should be bouncing with volume; it also looks like they haven't been heated and then cooled for long enough so they're dropping a little.
Looks really pretty though :)

Thank you! Il have another go soon xx

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1408403355.895955.jpg
See how this diagram shows you witch direction to foil well this is how I do my curly blow dries dgolds I section exactly like this also oh on the top part of the head (the last part I do) were its diagonal back mine are straight i roll all my brushes away from the head I either leave all my brushes in until cool or I barrel curl and pin I can get my curly blow dries massive let me tell you I'm from Essex this is what we do best! Haha hope this helps you Hun x

View attachment 73096
See how this diagram shows you witch direction to foil well this is how I do my curly blow dries dgolds I section exactly like this also oh on the top part of the head (the last part I do) were its diagonal back mine are straight i roll all my brushes away from the head I either leave all my brushes in until cool or I barrel curl and pin I can get my curly blow dries massive let me tell you I'm from Essex this is what we do best! Haha hope this helps you Hun x

Sorry forgot to say on that bottom section that is left blank in the pic (the nape) all my brush handles face down so all my brushes are vertical across that bottom part hope that makes sense x

Here are 2 pics of curly blow dries that have been sectioned and set in this way these are both before being dressed out just to give you a feel of how full they will look from just sectioning different, setting and winding the hair around the brush away from the face x
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1408405099.157987.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1408405122.189364.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1408405282.793288.jpg
The last one is just showing with a few brushes in I normally leave all the brushes in until they cool down or I barrel curl and clip it's upto you really what ever works best for you have a little play I love doing them! Just thought I'd share a few tips to help one haha x

Here are 2 pics of curly blow dries that have been sectioned and set in this way these are both before being dressed out just to give you a feel of how full they will look from just sectioning different, setting and winding the hair around the brush away from the face x
View attachment 73097View attachment 73098View attachment 73099
The last one is just showing with a few brushes in I normally leave all the brushes in until they cool down or I barrel curl and clip it's upto you really what ever works best for you have a little play I love doing them! Just thought I'd share a few tips to help one haha x

Looks gorj! How long does it take you now? I only do a one or two a week but long/thick hair still takes me an hour!! Xx

Sent from my HUAWEI Y300-0100 using SalonGeek mobile app

View attachment 73097View attachment 73098View attachment 73099

Excellent advice beckstar as always, can I ask what brushes you use for these xx

Looks gorj! How long does it take you now? I only do a one or two a week but long/thick hair still takes me an hour!! Xx

Thank you amberjox for long curly/frizzy hair it will take me half your time! Are you drying the hair 80-90% before you start your blow dry? X

Excellent advice beckstar as always, can I ask what brushes you use for these xx

Thank you Molly these pics are so old! (Always forget to take them now) lol I think maybe I was using tigi brushes then. Then I went into ghds now I'm using the Moroccanoil ones absolutely love them get a great blow dry with them hair really does shine and my clients tell me they get several days out them so I no they hold well 👍 x

Sorry forgot to ask you what hairdryer you use? X

View attachment 73096

I totally agree Beckstar I am from Essex also, TOWIE had first come out when I started my training so that's literally the only blowdry my models would ask for. Best practice i got and they are my favourite blowdry! All my clients get a bouncy one no question haha :D x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thank you Molly these pics are so old! (Always forget to take them now) lol I think maybe I was using tigi brushes then. Then I went into ghds now I'm using the Moroccanoil ones absolutely love them get a great blow dry with them hair really does shine and my clients tell me they get several days out them so I no they hold well 👍 x

Great I'm planning on buying some new brushes and was going to get ghds but that's a few times iv heard about the Moroccan oil ones so may give them a go thanks xx

Hi.. I'm from the beauty side.. But was just wondering how long does a curly blow dry last? Xx

Latest posts

Back