First day today

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jess88

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

Its my first day renting a room in a salon, got no bookings and dont want to be just sat around so I was going to offer any hair clients a free file and polish, dio you think I should go round asking them or shall I let the stylist tell them about me, I dont want to be too pushy or get in anyones way!

Any advice would be appreaciated x

Talk to the stylists first, if they are happy for you to do it then go ahead. If the clients aren't interested at the very least give them your business card, price list and a money off voucher even if it's only 10% xx

Aww just wanted to wish you luck! Let us no how your day goes! I would let her ask the customer :) x

Have never worked in this kind of environment but didn't want to read and run. Just wanted to say good luck in your new venture!

I'd be tempted to speak to the stylists and ask if you can introduce yourself to their clients, offer them a free file and polish if they would like to take you up on it and give them a price list then even if they say no then they have all your details and info

xx

Hi ya congrats on setting up and enjoy your first day!!! When I started I got the hairdressers to plug me and when the clients were reading mags while their colour was on, I gave them a pricelist and said if they had any questions let me know. Also I sculked round reception when people were paying, got myself a badge with my name and beauty underneath so people can see without asking if they are shy xx do the hairdressers hands with nail art that got the conversation flowing too hope that helps wishing every success in building your business it's hard work but the self satisfaction is awesome xx

aww thanks guys, so nervous today but excited aswell x

I would also ask the stylist before approaching customers.
You don't want to come across pushy n invading there customers!

Very brave move!

Good luck, keep posted how it goes!

Just wanted to add my best wishes for your new venture x

Hello and good luck with your new venture, just a thought are you able to put up a sign in the window, or where all clients will see the offer?
Any sign with free on it I'm sure clients will take a few seconds to read. As already stated above a great idea offering your business card and a % off their first visit.
HTH

If you offer something like gel polish or Shellac why not ask the stylists to mention that you are offering a free pinky finger trial in your first week? I offered this and many people were so impressed that they then have the complete treatment!

Best of luck today xx

Hello and good luck with your new venture, just a thought are you able to put up a sign in the window, or where all clients will see the offer?
Any sign with free on it I'm sure clients will take a few seconds to read. As already stated above a great idea offering your business card and a % off their first visit.
HTH

yeh i was thinking if you stuck a card on the hairdressers mirror at the bottom then it wouldnt obstruct the hairdressers view and also every client would see it , as we all love a little pose in the mirror at the hairdressers dont we? lol x

Great ideas about giving people complimentary File and Polishes and an extra promotional discount.

Would you be able to put a sandwich board outside the salon to let people walking/driving past that you are inside?

Good luck!!!

second day today I had nobody in on Tuesday but I got 3 walk in's today!!
Really chuffed as I was a bit gutted yesterday hanging around like a spare part, didn't bother with the free file and polish in the end as the salon owner suggested I hold out before doing offers and giving things away so I just went out posting leaflets, hopefully tomorrow will be just as good as today!

Forgot to add I put laminated signs in bottom corner of hairdressers mirrors, a vistaprint banner in the window and at the base of the stairs up to my room. I put signs in the toilet, also did a nail portfolio to show of my work. Then I put a leaflet in all the magazines that get given to clients with 10% off, also get the hairdressers/whoever answers the phone to say "is that appt with hair or beauty" that plugged me alot!! Hope that helps x

dont forget the saying "from little acorns mighty oaks do grow" good luck!

Good luck! Exciting times ahead for you, hope you are swept off your feet with the run up to Christmas xxx

Wow it sounds exciting- what a good time of year to take the plunge too!! Best of luck with your new venture xx

Latest posts

Back