First ever gel extension!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrsHarryWinston

Reaction score
Just had to share this because I'm just pleased as punch. This is my first ever gel extension. I used IBD soak off builder gel. I wanted to be able to do a soak off extension under Gelish. What do you lovely ladies (and gents) think??
Sorry my lighting is weird right now, pics aren't the greatest.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1392942625.736316.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1392942668.254060.jpg

These look great!! How long do they last on you?

Thank you! I only did my pointer and my thumb as they were my only broken nails. Today is day 2. The soak off builder gel is so strong! Yet comfortably... not flexible but... not super rigid. Its lovely. If the extensions last 2 weeks I will consider it a complete success.

I was also thinking of testing CND brisa lite sculping gel as its less runny, but the IBD is great, and soft enough that it can be clipped with nail clippers if it happens to slide down the form a bit before curing.

Fantastic. They look great for a first attempt.

I'm trained in soak off sculptures so looking for a new gel. I trained in bellissima and find it TOO flexible :confused: where do you tend to purchase yours from? i've seen they're gel polish in sallys but not the builder gel x

Latest posts

Back