First ever micro rings fitting-I have opinions please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tinaissybelly

Reaction score
So this is my first ever lady she had 20 inch micro rings fitted

She had extremely thick hair that felt like had never been thinned out by stylists when having trims etc, baring this thickness in mind it took me 4 hours to fit which I think is quite good for a newbie (or is it :/ lol)

I know there is a thread on before and after pics but I just really wanted some feedback from you profesh ladies :D

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1385722423045.jpg
    1385722423045.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 295
  • 1385722436054.jpg
    1385722436054.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 299
  • 1385722448388.jpg
    1385722448388.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 303
  • 1385722461955.jpg
    1385722461955.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 301
I feel really over critical and feel they are not perfect :/

Your first set is not going to be perfect, I would say they are just slightly to close to the root, sections look good, she could do with a little bit more hair just to blend with her own which is v thick, and it needs a cut for me a bit more did you cut them, 4 hours is good time for your first set, how many strands did you use :)

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek mobile app

I am a hairdresser but she begged me not to cut so I trimmed as much as I could off ends and thinned out her hair to help blend better, I have another set booked in next week so will take on board :D thank you

I used 139 strands of 1g

Ok I don't give an option to cut or not it needs to look its best but thats my opinion, I would say 160 1g for her hair but that will come with time, some times people hair can look deceiving when you do the consultation, so for a full head I normally order a little more hair :)

I agree, I would have added more hair and cut a little more off the length, but apart from that your on the right track! :) x

Yeah I felt she needed some more so gunna try sneak few more in on maintenance and Yh I wanted to cut off about 3-4 inches I might snip as much of as I can at maintenance

I used 139 strands of 1g

Yeh you need to fit more. Looks a bit sparse. Colour looks slightly off? Like you've used a 1b instead of a 1 (perhaps just the flash)
Good for a first set. Well done.

Yeah I felt she needed some more so gunna try sneak few more in on maintenance and Yh I wanted to cut off about 3-4 inches I might snip as much of as I can at maintenance

Good plan :)

Yeh you need to fit more. Looks a bit sparse. Colour looks slightly off? Like you've used a 1b instead of a 1 (perhaps just the flash)
Good for a first set. Well done.

It's just the flash as was a dead perfect match :) yeah the bottoms need a v t of a tidy up, I feel better knowing that the things I already thought were wrong are what everyone's saying so at least iv not missed something major haha xx

Very good for first set 😄
Just like everyone else has said add more hair & clean up ends
Xx

Latest posts

Back