First Ever Real Compliments

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

karentriff

Reaction score
Hi Today I went to a furniture store looking to buy a new bed. The lady at the counter said to me ' you have such beautiful nails, how do you grow them like that' I said to her that I' in training to do nails and I did them myself and she said 'what, you're telling me they are false, they dont look like it'
This is a huge pick me up for me. It means I have almost achieved the look I'm aiming for and brush control as I had hardly any filing to do. I am wearing sculpted l & p french with my own custom blend.
But now she and the other lady in the office both want to come and have nails done. I so hope i'm up for it. I am completely confident doing my own nails but get so nervous thinking about doing anyone else. I almost phoned them later today to cancel. I just worry so much that they won't be happy with them when I'm done. I'm still in training and don't feel as if I have the right to do anyone else's nails except to practice. What do you guys think
Cheers
Karen

Well done you! You are obviously capable of producing a good set of nails and to be honest I think that it's harder to do them on yourself than on some else!

Did you tell them you were still training? If you did then theres no reason why you can't just charge them training rates, enough to cover your products. They must be impressed to ask you so think of it a great experience and to build your confidence.

Good luck!:hug:

Yes Well done, I it happen today I had the girlat the counter saying your nails look beautiful and the man at the counter saying I wish I had your tattoo. Very strange conversation.

Well done you, if you can do lovely nails on yourself you should have no problems doing as good a job on their nails. I always find it far harder to do my own nails. Good luck.

Hi and thanks Ladies for your replies. Well I am going to bite the bullet and I have one of the ladies coming today for a full set. I am nervous but excited also.
I will be sure and let you know how it goes.
Cheers

well done hun , thats fab , its lovely when you get compliments on nails :green:

Hi again. Well the lady came today and I did a full set of p/w gels on her. It took me 2 hours 15 minutes which is the quickest I have ever been and they were the best nails I have done yet. I was going to get a photo but my cam battery was flat.
She was thrilled to bits with the nails. It's a great feeling to finally have everything come together.
Thanks for all the encouraging comments.

Well done and great you are enjoying it. keep up the good work.

Well done hun :hug:

Latest posts

Back