First set for a long time

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ophala

Reaction score
Hi all - I did my first set of L&P tonight that I've done for a long time since finishing my course.

Was on my friend and had to soak off the few nails she hadn't picked off (I think from an NSS but not 100% sure). She likes her nails as short as poss but still likes the P&W look - she's only ever had them airbrushed on though, not permanent.

A couple of her nails were a bit too short so I sculpted them and filed them down.

Anyway - I'd really appreciate your opinion - good or bad please!!

Before: http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x204/ophala/IMG_4576.jpg

After: http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x204/ophala/IMG_4578.jpg

Side: http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x204/ophala/IMG_4579.jpg

Thanks!

Sophie x

great job!!!! just have confidence in yourself and you can do anything you put your mind to.

i would say good job too. But if I may i'd like to offer some feedback. You should work on covering the entire nail with acrylic. I don't know how long before you have a crack in zone 1 (free edge). and I'd work on filing the outline of the nail. especially sidewalls it needs to be perfect. You should try to sculpt the nail to the length you want it to be, it will save time on filing. Bravo for posting your pics though and keep up the good work!

i would say good job too. But if I may i'd like to offer some feedback. You should work on covering the entire nail with acrylic. I don't know how long before you have a crack in zone 1 (free edge). and I'd work on filing the outline of the nail. especially sidewalls it needs to be perfect. You should try to sculpt the nail to the length you want it to be, it will save time on filing. Bravo for posting your pics though and keep up the good work!

thanks for replying.

i did cover the whole nail in acrylic and then filed to shape......where does it look like it hasn't been covered? thanks for your advice anyway

Heya there, not a bad job at all. The free edge looks a little bloated in width so they just look like they need to be filed a little more on the sides. Make sure you follow the white powder over all of their free edge too (I know its hard to squeeze the acrylic to each edge of the smile, but use small acrylic balls and you will get the little buggers). There are a few acrylic divets towards the cuticles, you may need to add a little more acrylic there just to make them consistently smooth all over. I can definately see that you are on your way there :) And well done for posting your pics... its a great way to get advice and support.

thanks for replying.

i did cover the whole nail in acrylic and then filed to shape......where does it look like it hasn't been covered? thanks for your advice anyway

I think she means here.....it almost looks like the product is only on half the nail. x

Attachments

• nails..geek.jpg
    nails..geek.jpg
    72.9 KB
I think she means here.....it almost looks like the product is only on half the nail. x

Yep thats excactly what I meant! Thanx

ah yes, i see what u mean.

as far as i know i applied it to the whole nail - it may just be filing - i'm a bit scared around the side walls as i nicked her with the file earlier and didn't want to start bleeding again!

i'm also a bit scared of going too close because of lifting etc...

Latest posts

Back