First set of gels honest opinions needed!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waffy

Reaction score
I am a L & P or shellac girl but I trained in brisa a couple of weeks ago. I have done my first set today!! I know it's a long time since I trained but I felt so overwhelmed by gels I kept putting it off!!!

I did these on my sister today. No tips just overlay as she wanted short natural looking nails. Can you please tell me your thoughts....

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1323380393.004355.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1323380393.004355.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 321
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1323380436.004480.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1323380436.004480.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 287
I never check out the critiques section, and I am not claiming to be an expert, but I have noticed a couple of things;

At first glance they look nice, and for an early attempt they are pretty good IMO. :)

However, it looks like you need to work on your application and blending around the sidewalls and cuticle a bit more - they look a bit bulbous. I've noticed that the line of light doesn't look too off, which would suggest they aren't lumpy on the surface. I've seen alot of lumpy gel overlays, people must think 'just slap it on and that's fine' :eek: yuk!

I've never used Brisa, but with the gel I use I can pretty much create a seamless border with barely any buffing/blending, but you will get the hang of this with a bit more practice, providing you are using the correct techniques; It's no good practicing the wrong way lol. :smack:

The little finger looks quite thick to me, the thumb looks about right for thickness, but looks like there is a dip where the smile line is, this could just be the picture though. can't see a side view of any of the others.

Your smile lines are a little bit inconsistent, but again, with practice this will get better. I like to make sure I get right into the corners with my french application, otherwise it just doesn't look as professional i don't feel.

Gel can sometimes be tricky to get the hang of if you're used to L&P, but good on you for posting your pictures! :cool:

The smile lines could have done with being a little deeper & the smile line crisper. The side walls needed a tad more just to make them crisper too. xx

Latest posts

Back