First set of pre bonds

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xoxo

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm doing my first set of pre bonds on Thursday and I'm about to order the hair. How many strands do you recommend getting? I was thinking 200 then using whatever is leftover for maintainance?
Thanks x

Hi,
I'm doing my first set of pre bonds on Thursday and I'm about to order the hair. How many strands do you recommend getting? I was thinking 200 then using whatever is leftover for maintainance?
Thanks x

How many did you think she needed on consultation xxxx

Her hair is fine but she has alot of it and wants it to look natural.
Her hair is just past shoulder length and we'v agreed on 16inches.
I thought about 175 bonds? But as I said its my first set so abit unsure.
I'd rather have too much than not enough x

Depending on the size of the head, and the weight of the strands you are using, on average you will need between 150-200 strands for a full head.

It is always best to purchase more than you think you need, as this will avoid you under estimating and running out of bonds during the fitting. If you then find that you do not use them all you can keep them back for maintenance appointments, and later fittings. Better to be safe than sorry, and as many of the other girls will know, there is always that one head that is slightly larger, or seems to take a few more bonds than you predicted.

Kind Regards

Depending on the size of the head, and the weight of the strands you are using, on average you will need between 150-200 strands for a full head.

It is always best to purchase more than you think you need, as this will avoid you under estimating and running out of bonds during the fitting. If you then find that you do not use them all you can keep them back for maintenance appointments, and later fittings. Better to be safe than sorry, and as many of the other girls will know, there is always that one head that is slightly larger, or seems to take a few more bonds than you predicted.

Kind Regards

I always try to purchase that little bit longer aswell do there's plenty to cut should the hair come a tad to single drawn x

She has been wearing 14inch clip ins so have gone for 16inch just in case they need cutting.
Thank you both!xx

That is a great idea. A lot of hair extensions come slightly longer than advertised by half an inch or so, however purchasing them slightly longer will allow you to cut off a healthy amount which can be key to styling naturally, and also ensures a happy customer every time. Clients often do not know what 16", 18" etc will look like once fitted, therefore by always going a little longer this will ensure your client is happy, and that they allow you to trim the ends for a neat finish.

Kind Regards

That is a great idea. A lot of hair extensions come slightly longer than advertised by half an inch or so, however purchasing them slightly longer will allow you to cut off a healthy amount which can be key to styling naturally, and also ensures a happy customer every time. Clients often do not know what 16", 18" etc will look like once fitted, therefore by always going a little longer this will ensure your client is happy, and that they allow you to trim the ends for a neat finish.

Kind Regards

I'd still go 18 inch so you can cut to 16 inch you would be surprised x

If she has really fine hair you may not need as many as you think, I have had to split bonds down for quite a few clients and used as little as 100 bonds (0.8g), much depends on the weight of your bonds etc but 150 is usually a good marker for most.

Latest posts

Back