First solo colour correction

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*JOANNE*

Reaction score
hi everyone, this is the first colour correction I have had scince flying solo from college and i need your advice.
girl has long black tinted hair quite fine hair not thick (not a box dye she says an other hairdresser did it) she has had it for a while natural base of 5/6 and wants a dark/medium brown 5/0 / 6/0 maybe if stripping and she wants some highlights...so basically colour removal by either reduction (stripper) or oxidation (bleach) then a full head tint...followed by highlights...(magma /89 or /89+??) or maybe a 9 or 10 foiled and base colour inbetween after hair has been stripped
do i do it in one stage strip then recolour
then another day highlights as its triple processing the hair isnt it...
or ....back to back bleach foils on the black then tone highlights with taget shade but this isnt going to give an even result is it.....or back to back magma / meche colour...
also was thinking of the base wella 66/07 the 07/ i wont need to use anything with alot of warmth will i could i get away with 66/1 depending on the result of stripping the colour. using a stripper then 66/07 should turn out 55/07 just got my head in a bit of a mess thinking.
have i bitten off more than i can chew...i will be doing test pieces
thank you and sorry for the ramblings :o

Test pieces all the way! i would worry about getting it from black to blonde, even if it is just hilites. heres what i would do... bleach bath midlengths, ends then roots up to a base 6, then foil your hilites, a scattered tbar, then flood the rest with your 6/07 (i thnk im right in saying 66/07 is a ct plus shade) then once you rinse out hav a peek at your blonde, see how its looking, then you could use a 10/8 perhaps to tone it or even 8/81 col touch. but the key is test pieces! minky or persianista may come along and help too, iv not done too much col correction but it helps to just think one step at a time x x
Posted via Mobile Device

ok this what i would do, test strands and lots of em! i try not to use stripper especially on fine hair! use a bleach bath as above (roots last) to try and get an even canvas, lift up to 5/6. then top section back to back foils finely woven of majimeche 9% alt to diaR line on 6/7 with warmth maybe one of the chestnuts. be careful of grab as the hair will be a little porous, also if it takes u a while to foil be aware that it may go to dark thats why i would suggest going up a shade. after foiling wop the dia on the rest 20 mins, keep looking, DONE!!! remember we are hairdressers not magicians 'THIS IS A COMB NOT A WAND!'. HTH:D

thank you kimi...yep its the abc of the process that i couldnt figure out in my head...where to and how to start
yes the 66/07 plus range i was thinking that from the thought of if its 66/07 it will knock out some of the warmth left from the bleach bath but then i could mix base with base and tone couldnt i ?? ???
the t section sounds good too as apposed to full or half head xxxx
thanks kimmi for putting some kind of order to the thinking lol

ok this what i would do, test strands and lots of em! i try not to use stripper especially on fine hair! use a bleach bath as above (roots last) to try and get an even canvas, lift up to 5/6. then top section back to back foils finely woven of majimeche 9% alt to diaR line on 6/7 with warmth maybe one of the chestnuts. be careful of grab as the hair will be a little porous, also if it takes u a while to foil be aware that it may go to dark thats why i would suggest going up a shade. after foiling wop the dia on the rest 20 mins, keep looking, DONE!!! remember we are hairdressers not magicians 'THIS IS A COMB NOT A WAND!'. HTH:D

thanks magentahair not used l'oreal except the inoa not used their majimeche before but presume its similar to most meche is dia richesse their tone on tone ...with the majimeche could i use 6% for the time aspect...ie me being slower lol and maybe 9% may be to quick for me iykwim.

love the comb not a wand...
i am so glad i posted i seem to have complicated it in my head....this way that way...i need to get the the thought process of ..do a b then c...but thats through lack of experience i guess
thank you :hug::hug::hug:

If it was me I'd bleach bath as above, roots last.
Then 1/2 head meche PL 6%, and flood the rest.
I'd go for 3/4 6 and 1/4 7, as it may grab.
Maybe in the /07 line, as there will problably be lots of warm tones anyway. The 66/07 and 77/07 in CT+ are great, I use these a lot. But test piece 1st and see which works best x

If it was me I'd bleach bath as above, roots last.
Then 1/2 head meche PL 6%, and flood the rest.
I'd go for 3/4 6 and 1/4 7, as it may grab.
Maybe in the /07 line, as there will problably be lots of warm tones anyway. The 66/07 and 77/07 in CT+ are great, I use these a lot. But test piece 1st and see which works best x

will be definately doing test pieces going to get these done at the beginning of next week to rebook for the latter end....
i have the wella blondor lightening system ammonia free and have used that before..would that be ok regarding the woven meche with the 66/07 77/07 post bleach bath...and i have also got colour fresh toners 8/81 if the lightened meches need toning ????

I personally don't like the system which u mix the powder, cream and peroxide, it's very slow, takes ages to lift, I'd start at 1.9 colour touch developer with the bleach, or even the 4% or pastel.
If u even go with that then after base colour is on, check foils and re-mix and go over with 6% then if needed. x

I personally don't like the system which u mix the powder, cream and peroxide, it's very slow, takes ages to lift, I'd start at 1.9 colour touch developer with the bleach, or even the 4% or pastel.
If u even go with that then after base colour is on, check foils and re-mix and go over with 6% then if needed. x

will to try both with the test pieces then xxx
can i ask...what about toning after ??? have got 8/81 in colour fresh and wheat or crystal in clynols toners....i was actually thinking wheat...it isnt ash but is similar to a 10/0 just thinking of the contrast of the 66/07 with the highlights..wheat may be a nice colour to compliment the 66/07

hi, yes u can use 6% with majimeche, and dia r is tone on tone! x
thanks magentahair not used l'oreal except the inoa not used their majimeche before but presume its similar to most meche is dia richesse their tone on tone ...with the majimeche could i use 6% for the time aspect...ie me being slower lol and maybe 9% may be to quick for me iykwim.

love the comb not a wand...
i am so glad i posted i seem to have complicated it in my head....this way that way...i need to get the the thought process of ..do a b then c...but thats through lack of experience i guess
thank you :hug::hug::hug:

hi all just done a test piece with the bleach bath lifted well to about a very warm 6 about a 6/7 slightly warmer she wants a base of 5 so i am going to go for the 6 with 6/07...just waiting for that to develop...
ok my question now in my thinking...because she wants a few highlights as well as a brown base.....would magma 89+ work on the prelightened hair...(the 6/7 ish that i have lightened too) as it lightens and tones or bleach and toner...just worried incase the bleach has gone as far as it can go...and bleach still scares me ever so slightly lol

I would bleach and tone. even if u can lift it to an 8 or 9 then tone, if it goes that peachy way then tone with 9/8 or you could even try 8/81. depends how it looks. x x
Posted via Mobile Device

hi all did the colour correction today....the back lifted better than the front...did notice the black wasnt as black at the back...but the front was quite hard wouldnt lift at all well.think there was more build up at the front and the ends werent to bad.....think it was pro colour but home job and what the client couldnt see herself she didnt apply as much at the back but more at the front and where she could see...anyhow...did 66/0 with 6/07 for the base after i did a few bleach with 6% highlights....end result chocolate brown..didnt grab like i thought so it was a good colour...but the hair wasnt even..no banding but the finished result was chocolate brown with slight caramel not highlights but like it was 2 dimentional.iykwim...the foils took quite well...just toned with clynols wheat toner....lighting wasnt to good but once i had finished and made her go outside there was no brassiness / orange at all...
http://specialnewsonline.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/cheryl-cole6.jpg
similar to this but slightly darker nearer the front

well done!!!! were u and your lady pleased with the result? be even better next time! x

well done!!!! were u and your lady pleased with the result? be even better next time! x

she was very pleased.and i was really pleased how the whole process went ...nothing like being dropped in at the deep end...just qualified level 3 and my first colour correction unaided so too speak...but you guys i tell you if it wasnt for the help and advice...black hair dye should be banned lol but again thank thank thank you thank you xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Latest posts

Back