First time customers special offer for flyers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sei Bella

Reaction score
I'm getting some flyers designed and wanted to put a special offer on them to entice new customers.

I'm thinking either 20% off for first time customers or a free mini solar oil.

What do you think would be a better idea?

Or would it be a good choice to have a choice of either a free SolarOil or 20% off on first time customers?

solar oil - why give something away for free when you can sell it to the customer?

20% of - i hate % off offers - i want to see the price in terms of £s

and if i was your existing customer i would not be impressed that you were giving better deals to new customers than me!!!

Why not do something that won't cost/loose you money ie if its nails you do why not do a little free mini 5 minute hand massage with each set?

Keep it simple

If you discount too much at start its hard to put prices up after

Hi rocky saphire I personally wouldn't want to give a way a mini product because it's not going to entice the client to book in for a treatment. And u don't want to be losing profit by giving away products rather than making some money off a treatment.
Where as if you give them 20% discount they will be more likely to come back for regular treatments.
Have you thought about giving a 10% discount to all new and existings clients as not to lose existing clients. A little loyalty reward for them. Are you planning on doing leaflet drops to introduce new clients to the salon?

Hi there, Maybe have an 'Introduce a Friend' offer going on at the same time, so that the client & friend get a discount - I really dislike it when new clients get a deal and existing clients who are loyal get nothing.

Hi personally I think that giving a free product away is a good idea! Because you only lose say the £5 you paid for it but they are getting a £10 product for free, a good one is shampoo because then you could entice them to buy the conditioner to go with it! Another good one I found was instead of say 10% off you do a loyalty scheme and on there 10th visit they get a cut and blowdry free! It's a good way to get repeat business but a bit of a pain in the bum if you get loads of 10th visits in one week! x

Another good one I found was instead of say 10% off you do a loyalty scheme and on there 10th visit they get a cut and blowdry free! It's a good way to get repeat business"

I totally agree with kayleehollie I think this is a great loyalty scheme and can be done with any treatment eg book in eyebrow wax and get there 10th free. It's a good scheme

20% off first treatment OR free solar oil probably works out the same price for you.
If you take a Shellac Manicure at £25 with 20% off = £20 compared to;
Shelllac Manicure £25 with free solar oil rrp £3ish = £22 ish

So, when you work it out like that I would go for the free solar oil :)
Plus everyone loves a freebie!

Or how about doing a package like
"5 Shellac mani/pedi for the price of 4 = £100" x

Thanks for all the suggestions!
I'm getting some flyers designed and will be doing a leaflet drop in the apartment blocks/developments near me.
I wanted to do special offer for new customers and after thinking about it Now Im thinking of giving the new customers a choice of either £5 off or a free mini solar oil.
I will also think about what I can do for my regular clients - I do like the sound of a loyalty scheme to keep those clients returning.

Personally I prefer free products.
If you offer a discount of £5 it actually costs you that.
If you give away a product WORTH £5, it doesn't cost you that at wholesale price. Plus, you have the bonus that if they like said product, they will re-buy the same or buy another product from the range.

I do 10% off first treatment AND have a loyalty scheme on the back of my business cards - get your 10th treatment half price. I don't believe in giving anything for free because you lose out on money no matter what but at least if you give money off you still get something to cover product costs and at least some of your time. I also do monthly specials e.g. 10% off any waxing treatment this July - get ready for summer. Or something equally corny that actually gets people to you lol x

Latest posts

Back