First time using d-Solve

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plumpapple

Reaction score
I used dsolve for the first time last night and once I remove wraps from client the skin around the nail looked so awful and dehydrated.
I know that it is mainly acetone and this is what happened when I started used pure acetone. In between I have used gelish soak off and so that is what I was used to and I know it has extra ingredients to help prevent the dryness of the nail but I thought dsolve would be similar?
I bought dsolve as I heard lots of people recommend it but I'm not impressed!
I assume this is normal? Do you do anything to prevent the dryness on skin?
its just a bit embarrassing as it looks so awful!
Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I think the CND nourishing remover is better for the nails and quicker at removing x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

Try the Nourishing Remover :)

You could put a bit of solar oil on each nail before removal.

I think the CND nourishing remover is better for the nails and quicker at removing x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

Oh I didn't realise there was another one! Thought I had the right product!

Oh I didn't realise there was another one! Thought I had the right product!

DSolve is fine to use, that is the Sweet Squared product we used before CND brought out the nourishing Remover.
Both are great products, however CND Nourishing Remover does have the extra ingredients to prevent dryness, and is formulated for quicker removal time.
If you still want to use DSolve, as I often do, you can put some Solar Oil around the nails before wrapping to help reduce the dry look of the fingers, as was suggested above x

Could I also use SolarOil with the nourishing remover for clients with brisa lite smoothing or if shellac has been on for more than 2 weeks? Soak time is increased due to this

I have both and have found removal to be no quicker. (mind u i use gelish)

I had one lady who had quite dry skin, so i brushed a little Vaseline on the surrounding skin before putting the d-solve wrap on and hey presto, no dry skin.

Latest posts

Back