Fitting clients own hair extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nikinkibabyx

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm just starting out and don't want to turn away business but I've just had a text from a friends colleague asking how much I charge to fit extensions as she has her own hair?

I don't know what to do..

I don't want to put my name on something I can't guarantee quality.

But as I am also starting out I can't really be turning people away..

Any advice ??

Maybe asking for details of where the hair was purchased, decide weather it is good quality and going from there.

If they say eBay and its rubbish you can say no knowing your reputation is still intact

If its good quality and your happy o fit it then your not turning away business.

Being open and honest with them will probably work to your advantage :) x

She bought clip ins from salon services and removed the clips and now wants me to fit a micro ring weft xx

Personally I never turn down business unless I actually 'fire' a client because I've had enough of them.

If they wanna pay you to fit their hair, do it. Make sure you charge enough to make it worth your while, but seeing as you're kinda new to this it's a good way of gaining experience for yourself as well.

There is no such thing as a 'guarantee' with any hair, because if a client decides to go buy head'n'shoulders contrary to your recommendations, they will do it anyway, and even if you fit them with amaaaazing hair it won't do anyone any good.

Personally I never turn down business unless I actually 'fire' a client because I've had enough of them.

If they wanna pay you to fit their hair, do it. Make sure you charge enough to make it worth your while, but seeing as you're kinda new to this it's a good way of gaining experience for yourself as well.

There is no such thing as a 'guarantee' with any hair, because if a client decides to go buy head'n'shoulders contrary to your recommendations, they will do it anyway, and even if you fit them with amaaaazing hair it won't do anyone any good.

I understand that totally.. But I just feel that my clip ins are only in good condition coz I hardly use them.. And although Sally's hair is human hair I don't think it's remy.. Which then makes me wary that it will matt and dry out very easily if it is fitted.. Rather than just clipped in every other day?

I really don't want to turn down business but I just don't want to be using bad hair..

I offered her a free consultation and said I would show her the difference in quality between both hair and then advise her from there and let her decide but im not free for a full fitting until the week beginning 11th march and could do the consultation this froday night, sat afternoon or next week and she just said thanks anyway... Maybe she sees it as too much hassle and just wanted them put in straight away??xx

I had a new client come to me because she wanted me to correct another extensionist's horrible job. The client had purchased the hair herself in Sally's, the hair wasn't in the form of clip-ins but came in a loose bundle.
The fitting was the worst I've ever seen, with ginormous rings and they went so far up you could spot them from a mile away.
I refitted her whole head, and the other day she came back to get ombre done (8/1 fading into a lightest bleach blonde). I colored the hair as well as her own, it turned out beautiful, and the hair withstood backcombing and coloring with no problems.
Client had started using Kerastase upon my recommendation after her first appointment with me, and you could tell by how much the condition of her hair has improved!
Quite frankly the only gripe I have with the hair is that it's not double drawn, but I don't see why she should have to pay hundreds for 'good' hair when everything is okay as it is.
Your reputation is based upon your work, if your work is shoddy, you can use the most expensive hair and it will still be shoddy work.

Im always wary of this too, I wouldnt want to fit poor quality hair that doesnt look very good and then have my name tarnished! But maybe if you ask who the supplier is, and you know its good quality then go for it. If not then I wouldn't, the money mightnt be worth it.. x

How much would anyone charge for fitting clients own hair ? I've had two queries ( must be from yell or Gumtree ) in the past 2 days regarding fitting own hair but I am still very wary! There's only one person I've agreed to do this with and that's because she's a hairdresser/extensionist and uses balmain and we've agreed I will do hers if she does mine haha!

Please help!Xx

Latest posts

Back