Flared or 'duck feet' nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One word...minging.
Yuk!

'Duck feet' omg hahahahahaha !!!

Where is the pictures , I can't see them x

Eeek!!!! Personally I quite like a little flare but they are like snow shovels!! I would never do a set so extreme! I doubt the structure would be very strong either! But hey! Each to their own! Lol xx

Don't Knock it till you try it? :eek: Are you kidding me? :lol: I have my principles, and my standards and I don't do ugly. And I do not believe for a nanosecond that duck bill nails look better in person! And whether some clients may love it or not is up to them ... Then they can find a nail technician who will do it for them ... It won't be me.

I think I would feel the same. I am all for unusual shapes etc when it comes to fantasy competition nails, but they are not something I would be happy to apply on a paying customer. Besides the fact they're frickin hideous, they are also impractical. They would catch on clothing etc and just generally get in the way. Think these should go on the same list as bubble nails, interesting, but serve neither form or function. R.I.P x

Sent from my GT-S5830 using SalonGeek

One of my fave saying in life is "there should be a law against that" (when I see/hear of something really yuck or really wrong) and this is one of those times I just have to say.....

"OMG! There should be a law against that"

They are the most hideous things to look at, let alone wearing them.
I would NEVER put my name to something that looks like that.
I get that someone was trying to come up with a new style and get away from the traditional but this?!?!?!? Come one, where was the thinking?!?!?

At the risk of getting eaten alive, I sort of feel similar towards Stiletto and Edge nails to but no where near as strongly.
The only reason why is, I personally believe in trying to make something that is fake look as real as possible, make the nails part of the client not something built on top of the nail.
I feel with the above 2 styles it is sort like this, building a building on top of the nails due to how thick they must be for strength, it just looks so unnatural IMO.
I like the free edge shape of both styles just not how thick the apex has to be, so this is why I say that I sort of feel the same way as I feel about the ducks feet nails.

I found some flared nail pics... Looks like you can eat ice cream with some of them. :eek:

Flared Nails

Lol:D They'd come in handy (exsuse the pun) if you wanted to fan yourself down in hot weather don't you think? :D

God help the nose pickers :-/

:smack: I think this style is hideous and any nail tech who does this look should be smacked silly! Smarten up! Why would you want this on your hands??!!

Lol Rubytues... hahahaha! That really got me giggling!

I think they are horrid, especially the extreme flared!!! :eek:
But hey each to their own. As long as I dont have to do them Im happy.

These are big in the latina culture.

jeeesus! you could eat your dinner with those things. mmmm...not a good look.

good for the gardeners out there, you could trowel them, ooops i meant trial them in your salon as "tools of the trade at your fingertips"

seriously tho, there not such a good look really are they? cant see them taking off where I am unless you flap hard enough! :lick:

good for the gardeners out there, you could trowel them, ooops i meant trial them in your salon as "tools of the trade at your fingertips"

seriously tho, there not such a good look really are they? cant see them taking off where I am unless you flap hard enough! :lick:

This made me laugh! No i agree they are hideous why would anyone want to wear them let alone put there name to them as the nail tech that created them! :eek:

This has made my day, I am dying of laughter at how ugly they are, but as the saying goes each to their own, But I will definitely not be offering these nails. :D

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back