Flash curing Gelish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kylag

Reaction score
i had a problem with shrinkage on a red gelish colour I did on a friend. I'm doing her nails again next week and have read to flash cure if shrinking happens. How do I flash cure say 2 nails I've coloured without effecting the foundation layer of the other nails? Would'nt I be over curing the other 3 nails before I've put their colour on? Sorry I might be being a bit thick, I just wanted to double check before I gave it a try. Thanks for any advice. (I am putting a thin layer of foundation then dry brushing, then 2 coats of colour)

You're over thinking it. But if it's worrying you, just have her put the 2 fingers inside the lamp. It only takes seconds to flash cure. Personally, I'd just insert the whole hand. It'll be fine.

Make sure your base coat is super thin as well xx

I'm doing my base coat really thin. I'm wiping the brush then putting 5 dots on each nail then scrubbing it I then dry brushing. I've done another friends nails today with a pink called Ella of a girl and she's just told me one is lifting already! I'm really losing all confidence as its just one issue after another. When I was doing her nails I noticed it was taking a while take to the nail and lie correctly. I'd done a super thin foundation coat and dry brushed it. Should I have flash cured hers too? It's not easy to know what stage I'm doing wrong.

I'm doing my base coat really thin. I'm wiping the brush then putting 5 dots on each nail then scrubbing it I then dry brushing. I've done another friends nails today with a pink called Ella of a girl and she's just told me one is lifting already! I'm really losing all confidence as its just one issue after another. When I was doing her nails I noticed it was taking a while take to the nail and lie correctly. I'd done a super thin foundation coat and dry brushed it. Should I have flash cured hers too? It's not easy to know what stage I'm doing wrong.

Run us through your prep & appliction maybe there's something there?
What lamp are you using? Hopefully we can get to the bottom of things for you
Xx

I file nails, push cuticles back trim if necessary, file the nail with the 100/180 file to rough the nail plate, cleanse with the gelish cleasner, ph bond, foundation applied thinly, scrubbed in, cure for 5 secs then dry brush, 2 or 3 coats of colour (thinly applied) cure 30 secs each coat, top coat 30 secs, wipe with cleanser, cuticle oil. I have the gelish 18g lamp. I'm using all gelish products too.

Are you allowing the cleanser and bond to fully dry?

I thought I was. How long should be left? I just do all 10 fingers with cleanser then follow with ph bond. Should I be waiting more before putting ph bond on? I did wait a couple of minutes before I started foundation from ph bond application. As I nipped out the room for a few minutes. The foundation seemed to go on alright, then I dry brushed the shine off.

Is your buffer new? Sometimes if it isn't it smooths the nail rather than 'roughs' it if that makes sense. This can cause lifting. x

It's fairly new. I got it with my kit and used it about 7 or 8 times.
I'll try with a new one today though as I'm still not sure what's going wrong. When I do my own nails they last 2 weeks minimum.

It could possibly just be her nails, maybe she isn't suited to Gelish, I know shellac doesn't last on me for more than 2-3 days before lifting yet I'll get 2-3 weeks with Gelish.
also the shrinkage does happen on certain colours, I have a few that do it. I just paint 3 nails cure, then do the other hand 3 nails cure then 2 nails, I usually only need to do this on the first colour layer also.
Your foundation does need to be super super thin, almost like there's hardly anything going on.
I tend to just use a white buffer block to lightly buff the shine off the nail first, never had any problems with that.

Her nails are quite weak and scoop up at the end so it might be that. I think I maybe should of flash cured them but I thought the light pink would be ok as I've used it on my nails and it's been totally fine. It's lasted 2 weeks on me.
I Have a friend coming today so will try again and maybe flash cure if I have a shrinking issue.
Thanks everyone

I thought I was. How long should be left? I just do all 10 fingers with cleanser then follow with ph bond. Should I be waiting more before putting ph bond on? I did wait a couple of minutes before I started foundation from ph bond application. As I nipped out the room for a few minutes. The foundation seemed to go on alright, then I dry brushed the shine off.
Well, how long depends on how wet they are. Do you soak your pad with cleanser? If so, it'll take probably a full minute to dry completely.

Also you don't need to buff the whole nail every time you re apply. Only the regrow the area. x

Latest posts

Back