Flat nails - help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucylou2303

Reaction score
Please help geeks.
I have a couple of clients with really flat nails who have extensions with white tips, however I am using the edge white tips and they seem quite thick and you can see the gap under the tip where it has not stuck to the nail...any recommendations on white tips for flat nails, much appreciated.

Hiya Lucy,
I didn't reply because I don't have a recommendation like that bc I don't use white tips. If it were me I'd use my CND tips & do Forever French/natural & paint on French, then you won't have a gap & can create a beautiful shape with the apex. I personally don't like white tips at all xx

Pro impressions do full well less white tips which are great for flat nails i get my pro impressions from naio. But pro impressions do a website Pro Impressions :lick:

Last edited:
have you tried sculpting with froms?

Thank you for your help :)
I'm afraid I don't sculpt nails. Xx

I know you said you use the edge tips....do you use the edge products? If not, what system do you use? I've used the edge and asp but didn't like either so did further training with an NSI educator and have learnt sculpting with her, love the products and I love sculpting, so much so that I was really miffed about having a client whose nails weren't suitable for forms :( xx

I know you said you use the edge tips....do you use the edge products? If not, what system do you use? I've used the edge and asp but didn't like either so did further training with an NSI educator and have learnt sculpting with her, love the products and I love sculpting, so much so that I was really miffed about having a client whose nails weren't suitable for forms :( xx
Thanks for your reply. Yes I use edge products and have also trained with Nsi Just can't seem to get my head around sculpts x

Where in London are you? You could try a one to one session with an NSI educator? As long as you place the forms correctly, and you can sculpt the acrylic already...work a bit drier than normal and you'll be fine :) xx

i have just come on here for the same thing! before i turned to nsi, i was using ASP, and i did a client/friend ( still practising ) and she had flat stumpy nails, like mens nails, and it took me ages to get the tips to stick ( so imbaressing ) and when she was finished, like 5 mins later they pinged off. 1000 times better, now with better products but one of my boyfriends mrs wants her nails done, sore her today, and had a mini panki. she had flat nails with huge huge hands, and now im paniking!! dont know what to do, weather now my products have changed i wont have that problem i dont know. but if anyone does have any recommendations, will help!!

I was trained to use nsi products but they told us to use edge tipsas they are far better then nsi tips, should you not mix the 2 together then? Xx

Not sure why NSI would say that? :-/ I was using the edge tips with NSI products but I've now moved to NSI tips and I wouldn't use anything else now xx

i have just come on here for the same thing! before i turned to nsi, i was using ASP, and i did a client/friend ( still practising ) and she had flat stumpy nails, like mens nails, and it took me ages to get the tips to stick ( so imbaressing ) and when she was finished, like 5 mins later they pinged off. 1000 times better, now with better products but one of my boyfriends mrs wants her nails done, sore her today, and had a mini panki. she had flat nails with huge huge hands, and now im paniking!! dont know what to do, weather now my products have changed i wont have that problem i dont know. but if anyone does have any recommendations, will help!!

Can you sculpt? I used asp before and didn't get on with it at all. The NSI products have the 'bounce back' designed to make nail techs jobs that bit easier. They are fantastic products, I would really recommend doing a conversion course with NSI to learn the ratios correctly xx

Can you sculpt? I used asp before and didn't get on with it at all. The NSI products have the 'bounce back' designed to make nail techs jobs that bit easier. They are fantastic products, I would really recommend doing a conversion course with NSI to learn the ratios correctly xx

no i cant sculpt,would love to though as would be alot easier me thinks. but having long been doing it so dont want to rush into things. i use nsi tips now, so may just suck it and see, just a tad worryed and didnt know what other tec do when people have very flat big nails
thanks for your reply x

It wasn't a nsi trainer that said that, I trained with a independant company, so trusted what they said as I'm new to the nail world, I might give them a go thank you x

Latest posts

Back