FLAWLESS PINK - Help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mobile Nails

Reaction score
Hi all you Geeks and Geeklettes

I am having a bit of a nightmare with flawless pink powder. I picked up a flawless pink powder instead of perfect pink by mistake at the EXCEL show (UUURH) on sunday and so I was in for a bit of a shock when I realised in the middle of my client on Monday.

Ive used it on all my clients so far and everybody loves it, but I find its blotchy and where Ive overlapped can see some lines underneath (like fill lines). What am I doing wrong. Also I'm worried about the wearability of this powder. Is the lifting minimal or am I going to find that because my mix ratio was not good that my clients will experience problems. I don't usually have problems with lifting.

Any advice would be appreciated.

XX

I've had this problem too and am now too scared to use it. I've tried mixing it with perfect pink, but its still not flawless!!

Hiya,

Flawless pink is a bit tricky, you've got to make sure that your ratio is exact on each different bead. I still struggle a bit with this too.

Hi, flawless pink is tricky until you get the hang of it but once you have mastered it you will find it great for nail biters and also for hiding flaws on the natural nail plate. The best way to use flawless pink is place your bead in zone 2 and use the push and pull method as in Geegs tutorial (remembering the light touch on the pull, over the free edge). You need to ensure that the product in zone 2 is flush with the nail at zone 3 so you dont get what looks like fill lines. Then place your bead just above zone 3 and on the end of zone 2 and again use the push, pull method. Make sure your ratio is correct and the same for each bead. Hths

David

I love flawless but find it looks like bubble gum on its own. Try mixing your flawless like this... 1pt flawless pink 2pts perfect/intense pink and 1pt twighlight (sparkle). It creates a beautiful colour when applied using the correct mix ratio (going, going gone) it is also better to judge the bead consistensy too. brilliant for nail biters and hides a multitude. also really "girlie" on a good nail plate. never drag the bead over the white smile (you will loose it. even with perfect) Keep your smile crisp and white. I also find that this custom blended powder only works with perfect white. (if you put twighlight with white you will loose the crisp smile (too much glitter. if you know what I mean)
Anyway hun, hope this is of some help to you!
icon_smile.gif

Also, going back to the problem you were having. on your rebalance, make sure your using your 180/240 and bring your enhancement down till very thin (almost translucent) filing any lifted product away from the highest point till a new seal is found and re evaluate your apex and overall balance of the enhancements.

JUSSY'S and Dee'S advice is great.. you can also mix it with clear too! It is an opaque colour to hide the flaws - hence flawless pink... hope this helps too.

:D Thank you all so much for your advice, will take this on board and mix with perfect pink and also try the glitter on some clients as well.

Thanks again

XX

If you do a search on 'flawless' there are loads of previous threads. Have a read through as there are a number of suggestions/ mix recipies that others have tried.

Latest posts

Back