Floating flowers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahcutekitten

Reaction score
Does any one use floating flowers in their manicure and pedicure bowls?

I really love the idea of having flowers like you see in spas etc but have no idea what they are called or where to buy them from.

Sarah x

Does any one use floating flowers in their manicure and pedicure bowls?

I really love the idea of having flowers like you see in spas etc but have no idea what they are called or where to buy them from.

Sarah x

All the time .. I usually pick the flowers from my garden. Sometimes I just use small petals for a manicure.

Yes I use flower petals, like Gigi, from my garden. I also use lemon, lime and orange slices, I cut them up and freeze them in small bags and defrost to order.

:idea: i like that zesty idea Hayls.

:idea: i like that zesty idea Hayls.
Yeah, its really nice in a manciure and a pedicure, for the pedi I make them whole slices rather than segments for the mani!

I think its definately about creating a 'Spa' atmosphere when you do the Spa Mani and Pedi, something a little different!

What sort of flowers are you using from your garden Geeg?

I also use flowers from my garden. In spring I use the petals of daffodils, tulips, freesia, primula or crocus. Just gently take off a few petals and add to water, the remainder you can put in your vase.
In summer I use rose petals, gladioli petals (have to think what is in my garden) campanula, chrysanthemums, peony, phlox, scented stock (which is lovely) , sweet william, sweet pea, godetia or clarkia, foxtail lilly, polianthes, hydranges and sunflowers. The list is endless but I am sure you will find something in bloom provided you plant it. I especially like the colours of spring, the lemon of the daff with the pink of a tulip and the lilac of freesia. The crocus works well as they look like little tiny flowers if seperated gently. I hope this helps you.

Thanks mannipatch! I guess anything goes with a bit of imagination. Thanks again.

Your welcome Sarahcutekitten, in the winter when I have not much in bloom I usually try to buy a bunch of flowers while doing my weekly shop to display in my sitting room. (I adore flowers, I try to grow flowers which I can use as cut flowers in my house).
Does not have to be expensive, a bunch of daisy's would do and then you can take some of the petals to use in your mani and pedi's. You can get a good bunch for £3.99 and they will last a fortnight and more if you change the water regularly.

I also use lemon, lime and orange slices, I cut them up and freeze them in small bags and defrost to order.

Flowers yes (sadly, not from my garden though). In case of emergency e.g. not been to the supermarket, I use the 'fake' petals from Ikea. Not quite as lovely but better than nothing.

Hey I'm liking this citrus fruit idea!

Anyone else use anything different/unusual?

Em x

Hiya, my manicure bowls arent big enough to put in slices of oranges and things. Ive only got the plastic shell bowls from sweet squared.

Why, whats everyone else using?

from charl x

I use wooden bowls much like small fruit bowls. I think Ikea does them.

Latest posts

Back