Fluffy facial hair advice!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautystar5

Reaction score
We have had many clients recently complaining about fluffy fine hairs on their face (jaw lines/cheeks rather than lip/chin). What is the best way to remove this?

Many clients don't want waxing because it's too harsh for them. We offer electrolysis which is very popular but too costly and time consuming for some people, and we also offer threading but not many clients like it - and it doesn't remove all hairs thoroughly enough.

Can anyone recommend any machines etc that may help??

I only offer threading for a full face. It is quite painful in some areas but less trauma to the skin than waxing. I have lots of regulars for facial threading. Sorry I couldn't be more help. X

Would you let me know how long a full facial thread would take and an idea how much to charge please. A client has requested full face and my treatment list only offers lip/chin/brow threading at the moment. Thanks

I charge 20 for a full face. This includes brows, lip, chin, cheeks and under the chin. It can take anywhere between 20/30 mins but I've got a lady with bad hormone problems and hers takes about an hour xx

Thank you very much. I will make sure I stretch the skin well, especially on the cheeks and possibly practice on a friend before my client comes.

Does anyone offer the alkaline treatment or hair v go? Im looking into both of these and would like some feedback please!

I personally wouldnt wax or thread fine fluffy hair especially if you do electrolysis, as you could risk stimulating it :cry:

I got asked about facial threading today. The hair on the ladies cheeks and neck was fairly fine, but dark and was asking what was best to do.

I did mention that waxing/ sugaring/ threading runs the risk of stimulating the hair to grow back more corse.

She's a new client to me, so she is in next week for an eyebrow wax and I suggested doing a few test areas with threading/ wax or sugar on her cheeks and chin to see how her skin was and what sort of finish it gave her. ( she has had a bad reaction to an upper lip wax before - but is fine when her eyebrows are done )

Any thoughts on treatment? I personally find cheek threading painful..so maybe hand sugar, in the direction on the hair ?

What are your experiences with removing hair from this area? as it is new to me.

I've been doing full facial threads for a few years now on regular clients. I've not found with any of my ladies that it's stimulated any growth but quite the opposite and have minimal growth. I find breakouts are very common when waxing the face so tend to prefer threading xx

I've been doing full facial threads for a few years now on regular clients. I've not found with any of my ladies that it's stimulated any growth but quite the opposite and have minimal growth. I find breakouts are very common when waxing the face so tend to prefer threading xx

Thanks for that, I'll do some areas with threading and see how she finds it.

Has anyone considered dermaplaning for peachy fuzz on the face. It removes vellum hair and at the same time exfoliates the skin. It's very popular in then USA and I've found clinics administering the treatment in the UK but I can't find a trainer in UK. Basically it's like gently shaving your face. Google it and look on You Tube. Thoughts

Latest posts

Back