Flyers??!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

natzdanutta

Reaction score
Im in two minds after reading a few threads.
Do i invest in flyers and see if i get business or dont? Im gonna start renting from my hairdressers soon, my plan was to do a massive flyer drop around that area, but after reading some threads im now in two minds! I have a nail poster in the salon window and also a Natz Nails sign stating coming soon with my details on it. Its on a main road, so plenty do pass by!
So i leave it up to you guys n gals!

I am planning on doing a flyer drop around my area, I don't think that it hurts - I have heard that you can get the Royal Mail to do this for you too - not sure about it though as I have not looked into it yet.

Are the hairdressers booking appts for you yet?

Maybe you could gauge from this the interest and need to to your flyer drop?

Best of luck! :)

I am planning on doing a flyer drop around my area, I don't think that it hurts - I have heard that you can get the Royal Mail to do this for you too - not sure about it though as I have not looked into it yet.

heres a couple of links about the royal mail door to door service -

Overview -
http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/jump2?mediaId=18000219&catId=18000212

Rates -
http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/content1?catId=600112&mediaId=3100085

theres more info on royalmail.com but i thought i'd put a few links on here to make a start!

Hi well they told me that a few have asked when im starting and seem interested, but people could just be like asking and then think nothing of it within 5mins of the conversation! I have children so im only commiting myself to 1day a wk (sat) but willing to do more days if/when the business takes off, didnt know that royal mail did that might have a nosey at that one!!

the royal mail way of doing a leaflet drop can be expensive but you do get to chose which post codes you want to cover so your sure that your leaflets get circulated around the right area

the royal mail way of doing a leaflet drop can be expensive but you do get to chose which post codes you want to cover so your sure that your leaflets get circulated around the right area
Yeah thanx for those links! Have you ever done a leaflet drop? if so did you gain clients??

i seem to be one of the few geeks that get a good response from leaflet drops, i tend to do them on a sunday - if you do one take your appointment book/diary with you....i've had a few people wanting to book as soon as they get the card, the first time it happened i wasn't prepared at all!!

I get a good response from leaflet drops as well. I always make my money back on them.

BUT it's all in the wording of your leaflet, I have found.
If there's too much to read, they don't bother.
BUT if it jumps out at them 'SPECIAL' or whatever and they can glean information at a glance....
My flyers that did best had minimal info on them.

hth's

Thanx for that ladies! Im thinking maybe i should do the flyers, bold and simple with a few special offers on them... I'll speak to my bf tonight.
Good idea about taking the app. book with ya, I would have never thought of that! I left one of my cards in a florest today, the lady was really nice about putting it on display!

You dont have to spend a lot of flyers/leaflets - i order the glossy postcards from Vistaprint - you can usually get 100 free so you only pay a few pounds for postage - at least then you can try them out before deciding to get thousands printed!

You dont have to spend a lot of flyers/leaflets - i order the glossy postcards from Vistaprint - you can usually get 100 free so you only pay a few pounds for postage - at least then you can try them out before deciding to get thousands printed!
Yeah ive got those ones but i was thinking of 5000 the shop has a big area full of houses, im thinking of goin with a site called 47print.co.uk they are offering 5000 double sided for £104 full colour and 170 GSM Paper.

Yeah ive got those ones but i was thinking of 5000 the shop has a big area full of houses, im thinking of goin with a site called 47print.co.uk they are offering 5000 double sided for £104 full colour and 170 GSM Paper.

that sounds like a good deal!

that sounds like a good deal!
Yup! there is another one called cann print, they are £88 but i emailed them and still waiting on a reply for some reason i didnt feel that they were to be trusted, if n e one has used them then i would change my mind but they didnt look as good as 47print !

Yep, sounds like a good deal to me! Keep us informed how you get on with them.:)

Yep, sounds like a good deal to me! Keep us informed how you get on with them.:)
I will, I forgot to say i use the postcards for the shop windows!

you dont know till you try babe.:) anythinks worth a try if it dont work out then you know for next time xxxxxx

Hmm I looked at Royal Mail and they are charging a minimum of £500!! I think thats way expensive! I would rather deliver them myself! lol I have got postcards from Vistaprint, they are nice, but recently got a printer to design my double sided postcards for me! They are brilliant! The best I have seen! 5000 for £95! I was so pleased with them! I am going to deliver them on a Sunday, I hope I do get a good response from leaflet dropping! Let me know how you get on! xx

Hmm I looked at Royal Mail and they are charging a minimum of £500!! I think thats way expensive! I would rather deliver them myself! lol I have got postcards from Vistaprint, they are nice, but recently got a printer to design my double sided postcards for me! They are brilliant! The best I have seen! 5000 for £95! I was so pleased with them! I am going to deliver them on a Sunday, I hope I do get a good response from leaflet dropping! Let me know how you get on! xx

told ya it was expensive!!!!!!
i've never paid for anyone to deliver my flyers/postcards and i've always had a good response!
hope you get a good response hun xx

told ya it was expensive!!!!!!
i've never paid for anyone to deliver my flyers/postcards and i've always had a good response!
hope you get a good response hun xx

Gawd can't believe it Jenn! lol Well just think if you deliver them yourself you know they are going to get there instead of relying on the postie to do it! Also it gives you good exercise!

and it saves you a pretty penny!!!! i'd rather spend the money on beaut bits than give it royal mail!!!!

Latest posts

Back