Foam colour wraps

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dolled up

Reaction score
Any geek use/used foam colour wraps? Bought some today at capital and wondered what your thoughts are on them? Do they slip etc.. Can't wait to try them out :) xx

Any geek use/used foam colour wraps? Bought some today at capital and wondered what your thoughts are on them? Do they slip etc.. Can't wait to try them out :) xx

Did I not show you the Tigi ones? They are really good for slices of colour not good on highlights or weaving sections x

Can you flood around them or do they slide like mech?

I hate the foam ones, they never close and I can't get close enough to the root, will stick to foil for me. My foam wraps are still in the cupboard xoxo

I hate the foam ones, they never close and I can't get close enough to the root, will stick to foil for me. My foam wraps are still in the cupboard xoxo

I used to use them all the time :) trick is to fold the too over your tail conb and use tail to push it right to the root ;) if I'm doing hair at home I find them preferable as quicker and get closer to root but we have to use foil in the salon. Better for slices thigh not weaves

Going to be testing them out on my block head tomo :) ill try weaving and slicing and see how i Get on with them :D x

Tried them once hated them, ok for slices but just stick to foil,

I use them and do the tail comb in the meche and fold it over,so it gets right to the roots,fab on highlift tints,wouldn't use bleach ever.

Is says it can help reduce processing time. How?

Keiolbe- how come you wouldnt use bleach with them? Xx

Well when it starts to expand the bleach would prob seep through the sides,I think they're great though,use them a lot if doing colour touch plus with few weaves going through!!

My mum only uses foam wraps in her salon, she does say there is a difference depending on which ones you get, some are useless and just tear apparently.

But this issue always makes me think about the foil ending up in landfills, it gets a bit scary once you start adding up the amount of hairdressers in the country (/planet!) using them. x

Had a go with them on my old block earlier and I much prefer them to foils although I'll need more practice first :) I did 4 lots on each side alternate weaves & slices and both techniques worked well :) did bleach one side & highlift the other and found the bleach better as I did it runnier. Good option to have alongside foil I think xx

Latest posts

Back