Foil and color same time

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Melynn33

Reaction score
I have been doing hair for 15 years. When I started I did a lot foils all over and color in between and never had problem with foils slippin. I have been struggling lately doing a double process.I feel like a lot of the bleach now is designed for bayalage And made to melt and blend but not good to keep a foil to stick to the scalp with out slipping. I still have a large group of clients that are gray and want all over color with some foil I seem like I can only get a good out come if I do the service separate and not together which takes along time. Any advice ?

I have been doing hair for 15 years. When I started I did a lot foils all over and color in between and never had problem with foils slippin. I have been struggling lately doing a double process.I feel like a lot of the bleach now is designed for bayalage And made to melt and blend but not good to keep a foil to stick to the scalp with out slipping. I still have a large group of clients that are gray and want all over color with some foil I seem like I can only get a good out come if I do the service separate and not together which takes along time. Any advice ?
What bleach are you using? Are you weighing it out? And are you using the matching developers?

What bleach are you using? Are you weighing it out? And are you using the matching developers?
I have been measuring out and using correct developer, I used V light for years now I am trying blonde me and seems to slip more

I have been measuring out and using correct developer, I used V light for years now I am trying blonde me and seems to slip more
I'm not too familiar with blonde me. But some bleach brands have more than one mixing ratio, have you checked to see if you can mix it thicker?
Like I use blondor mainly, and you can mix it 1:1.5 or 1:2 :)

Some brands of lightener may have a thinner or thicker consistency than others. I was trying to find a video to post here which depicts this as a test between a few different brands (don’t remember which brands or ratio unfortunately.) The person mixed them in seran wrap, folded the wrap over like a burrito, and hung the mixes on their fridge door, leaving the bottom ends opened. After some time, you could see that some of the mixtures were slipping out from their wrap while others stayed in place and wouldn’t separate even when the person squished them down

Latest posts

Back