Foil Highlights Training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frozenangel

Reaction score
I am returning to hairdressing after some years away (been doing Friends & Family though) Cutting was always my strength, but now I am starting to build up a clientel, I really need to learn how to do foil highlights (In my day we learnt to highlight with a rubber cap! )
Where can I find a training course to learn foils, local colleges only offer NVQ courses- which I dont need to do.
I live in Surrey.
Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

I myself don't know of any courses, but I'm in the same situation as you. I trained in the 80s and everything was mainly highlighting caps.
L'oreal easi meche and foils were relatively new at that time.
I have only started using foils during the last 3 years and I taught myself practising on a head block. I used cheap conditioner to imitate the tint and bleach. The myhairdressers.com website is very good for teaching you foil techniques. You will have to subscribe and pay around £12 a month for using the training videos. There are loads of tutorials and training videos to learn every aspect of hairdressing. Just check the site out for free and see what you think. Its ace, and I use it all the time. You can cancel your subscription any time you want, so you don't have to worry about constant fees to pay. :)

also theres Scissorboy , i think its free , and its got some good stuff on , he has a channel on you tube xxx

Thank you

I subscribed last week to my hairdressers and have only managed to watch one of the barbering videos so far - I am very impressed with the site and shall definately check out the foil tutorials.

I trained late 70's!!! so similar situation to you Lamaur man, we used to practice with conditioner as well, will definately re visit that for practicing.:idea:

Will check out scissorboy - dont know about that one.

Many thanks

Redken run highlighting workshops, so it is worth checking to see if L'Oreal does too. I think they are one day courses.

I was taught to mix talc with conditioner to imitate the same consitency as tint or bleach when practising foils.:)

I was taught to mix talc with conditioner to imitate the same consitency as tint or bleach when practising foils.:)

Excellent idea. Never thought of that. :):):)
xx

Latest posts

Back