Foilage/balayage

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nee0890

Reaction score
Hi. So I’ve not done someone’s hair for over 3 years as I’ve had children. So I’ve only been doing g family’s. But one of my friends has asked me to do there’s. I’m so not up to date with the new styles and a bit old fashioned doing the basic highlights. So a bit of advice would be great. 🙈
She is a natural 7/6 and has had balayage done to her hair nearly a year ago so it has grown out a lot. And wants to go slightly lighter but keeping it looking natural. I was going to take sections tease the root area and then weave with blondor 20% and then tone with colour touch 10/03 and 9/16 5 - 10 mins to get a creamy blonde? Am I on the right track?

Hi. So I’ve not done someone’s hair for over 3 years as I’ve had children. So I’ve only been doing g family’s. But one of my friends has asked me to do there’s. I’m so not up to date with the new styles and a bit old fashioned doing the basic highlights. So a bit of advice would be great. 🙈
She is a natural 7/6 and has had balayage done to her hair nearly a year ago so it has grown out a lot. And wants to go slightly lighter but keeping it looking natural. I was going to take sections tease the root area and then weave with blondor 20% and then tone with colour touch 10/03 and 9/16 5 - 10 mins to get a creamy blonde? Am I on the right track?
There are many ways of achieving this kind of look.
Whatever technique you're comfortable with :) as long as you and the client are happy with the end result that's all that matters :)
As for toning it's going to be hard to pick a toner before you know what the hair will lift to.
Obviously if the hair only lifts to an 8, a 10/03 + 9/16 won't do anything to it, so you'd have to reformulate.
Is the rest of the hair virgin or coloured?

Thank you for your reply. I feel this technique is probably the closest one to doing highlights so could be a safer option. The hair is virgin with a small amount of balayage left from her last hair appointment roughly a year ago. X

Thank you for your reply. I feel this technique is probably the closest one to doing highlights so could be a safer option. The hair is virgin with a small amount of balayage left from her last hair appointment roughly a year ago. X
Yeah I agree :) don’t be afraid to leave some sections out too, this helps keep dimension. Okay have you done a strand test by any chance? I only ask just in case she had any kind of colour with the balayage like a root blend or anything similar- just in case it causes banding. Just food for thought.
if theres anything else can help with, let me know :)

There’s not previous colour. Just the previous highlights. I’ll attach with her hair and what I was looking to work towards. X

Attachments

• D8D14652-F332-4008-B35C-3DB591C087D4.jpeg
    D8D14652-F332-4008-B35C-3DB591C087D4.jpeg
    42.3 KB · Views: 38
  • 6C54102D-495B-4BE8-A45E-1ED44516C623.jpeg
    6C54102D-495B-4BE8-A45E-1ED44516C623.jpeg
    216.1 KB · Views: 35
  • D9FF16BE-9114-4B64-AA7B-93A310B5B67F.jpeg
    D9FF16BE-9114-4B64-AA7B-93A310B5B67F.jpeg
    809.9 KB · Views: 34
Yeah I agree :) don’t be afraid to leave some sections out too, this helps keep dimension. Okay have you done a strand test by any chance? I only ask just in case she had any kind of colour with the balayage like a root blend or anything similar- just in case it causes banding. Just food for thought.
if theres anything else can help with, let me know :)

Latest posts

Back