Foils bleeding

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paigey1991

Reaction score
Please help guys and girls,
Just started at a new salon have been hairdressing for 9 years. In the new salon they use Pravana colours. My favourite thing to do is foil but.. since starting here I'm having these problems
1. every Foil I do it bleeds, Iv never had this problem ever before! Am I mixing the Pravana wrong? My boss says mid powder 1:3 peroxide. Help
2. Can't seem to find any nice toners to counteract yellow/gold toned.
Any advice would be great thanks

1-3 ratio is correct and of mixing like this it shouldn't swell. Are you applying heat to your foils?
Are you folding foils in from the sides or just half and half again? I've stopped folding in from the sides as if swelling does occur it means it can only go up towards the scalp, leaving the sides unfolded gives the lightened more space inside the foil to move too

1-3 ratio is correct and of mixing like this it shouldn't swell. Are you applying heat to your foils?
Are you folding foils in from the sides or just half and half again? I've stopped folding in from the sides as if swelling does occur it means it can only go up towards the scalp, leaving the sides unfolded gives the lightened more space inside the foil to move too
No heat and im in Australia so it's in an air conditioned salon. Just half and half again. Have never had bleeds. And weird how now that I'm using this brand I'm getting so many!

I wouldn't say its your technique as you have been hairdresser for 9 years!. Can you not alter the ratio ever so slightly x

Latest posts

Back