Foils - Thanks NailStyle

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*Glynis*

Gooner Geek
Reaction score
I just did an infill on a client and my heart sank when she said she wanted foils - I hate doing them and never seem to get them right. A few days ago someone and I think it was NailStyle said that the trick was to rip the foil quickly like waxing. Gave this a try and it works perfectly, no missing bits. It only took me around 15 minutes to do the adhesive, foil and top coat.

Thanks to whoever it was that gave this tip. Sorry about the quality of the picture, but you get the idea.

120716558_be102d83db.jpg

wow they look fab I havent tried foils yet but I love the way they are bling bling:hug:

Awesome!

those are sooo pretty.
Gonna dig out my foils again, haven't done it in a while heehee

very nice chick:green: i didnt think me old mucker angie did foils if she does i am gonna get me some of them !!!!!!!!!!!

amb xx

Awww thanks Glynis x..would love to bask in glory but i ain't sure it was me....and if it was then i must have nicked the tip from someone else as yes i do have foils and have used them a few times but had a few problems with sealing it after..(now know i can seal with top gloss gel)...can you remember the thread Glynis...?

Your nails do look lovely, i might get those foils out again ..... lol xxx

Wheres the best place to by foils from????

OK, I've had time to do a proper search now. It was Bev Rose and Nutty Tart who both suggested quick ripping! So thank you both for this top tip.

Kimmberlei because I am a product junkie I have loads of foils (although I hardly every use them). Most of them came from www.creativenailplace.com and Sally's.

must have been the rosy tart that made you think of me then babes....pmsl xxx

NailStyle said:
must have been the rosy tart that made you think of me then babes....pmsl xxx

:lol: :lol:

I got my foils from a very affordable online store that also has an ebay store. They have awesome deals on everything and I have purchased tonnes there. They ship immediately and customer service is awesome.
Here ya go http://rhinestonesandcrafts.com/

happy shopping!

glynis said:
I just did an infill on a client and my heart sank when she said she wanted foils - I hate doing them and never seem to get them right. A few days ago someone and I think it was NailStyle said that the trick was to rip the foil quickly like waxing. Gave this a try and it works perfectly, no missing bits. It only took me around 15 minutes to do the adhesive, foil and top coat.

Thanks to whoever it was that gave this tip. Sorry about the quality of the picture, but you get the idea.

http://static.flickr.com/40/120716558_be102d83db.jpg?v=0
very nice I love foil

:mad: yah I haven't done foil for quite some time now. Should have huh?

i got some foils last week and i didnt have a clue how to use them ,untill i read the all the threads on here and i gott the hang of it straight away then ,i love foils ...
and the wonderful world of geekyness :)

Can I ask a really DUMB question? Is it a special nail foil that you use for foils or just bog standard kitchen foil.:o Please don't laugh at me if it's a stupid question but I honestly don't know and would love to give it a try.

My lips are zipped and I PROMISE, I am NOT laughing.

the foils in question are "transfer foils". When laid against the adhesive, one side peels away, leaving color and/or pattern on the nail. They look like a roll of shiny ribbon for wrapping presents.

You can find them very affordable at nailiteinc.com OR go to my supplier who has TONNES AND TONNES of different colors and patterns (I haven't seen this variety anywhere else). She's unbeatable in price.
Here's the link http://rhinestonesandcrafts.com/foil.htm and she has an ebay store. Just search ebay for the same store name and she'll pop up.

VHunter said:
My lips are zipped and I PROMISE, I am NOT laughing.

You are laughing, I know you are:lol: , but thank you. Honest, I didn't know!:o

NO, seriously, I wasn't :-(

I remember when I wondered "what the @#$#$% are foils"

LOL
I was curious too, and now I know ;-)

and you do too:green:

Do u have to use a primer like they suggest or just a top coat???

You do have to use the "Foil Primer" which actually the adhesive.
And then a topcoat to finish things off.
:green:

What does everyone use to seal the foils with afterwards???

I find that normal top coat doesn't seem to last v.long??

Latest posts

Back