For all you lovely American geeks I need a good recipe

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crystal colleen

Reaction score
So geeks I'm a great lover of the American food programme man v food :p and I watch it every night love love love it.

Now I need a good American recipe for pulled pork like on man v food along with a recipe for BBQ sauce.I need to know what cut of pork I need from the butchers because I've hurd that pork butt is used a lot but I haven't a clue what part that is all I know is it's not the ass of a pig lol.

I also would like a recipe for fried chicken to please.

And BBQ ribs.

It's all the flavourings they use on there I haven't a clue I know that they use a lot of garlic powder onion powder and paprika for the pork but what else?

I really want it to be authentic and American I just can't contain myself anymore I need to make these tasty dishes I must eat them and indulge.

Your welcome to pm if you wish and ant help would be greatly apreciated.xxx

I've never made pulled pork (but I've eaten my share...LOL) and I think all you would do is brown the pork butt in a pan, put it in a slow cooker or crock pot, pour BBQ sause over it and let it cook for at least 8 hours. After it's done, take two forks and pull it apart. Serve on buns with some coleslaw on the side.

For BBQ ribs, I slather my ribs with BBQ sauce, wrap them in foil and let them sit in the fridge overnight. The next day, I roast them in the over for a few hours at 250 degrees, Farenheit. Then, put them on the grill to finish cooking and give 'em that fab BBQ taste. You can also slather them in sauce whilst cooking on the grill.

I've never made fried chicken before so I can't help you with that. How bout googling Paula Deen? She's a southern cook on The Food Network and I'm sure she has some FAB fried chicken recipes.

Good luck! Sounds like yummy times at your house! :)

Fried chicken is super easy. If you don't have a deep fryer use a pot of oil (canola, vegetable, or olive oil). Choose your cut of chicken, like legs, thighs, breast or just strips and roll in flour. Then dip into milk and flour again. Fry until golden brown and you're done. I add season salt to my flour but you could add whatever you like:)

Colleen did you see the size of those cakes last night?!

Im addicted to this great program too so would also like to hear everyone's recipes :)

Think i say it every night when im watching man v food that i would love to be American you guys have the best places to eat lol

Vicki :) xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Colleen did you see the size of those cakes last night?!

Im addicted to this great program too so would also like to hear everyone's recipes :)

Think i say it every night when im watching man v food that i would love to be American you guys have the best places to eat lol

Vicki :) xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I say exactly the same thing why don't we have stuff like that here it really upsets me.

Yes I saw the cakes and OMG yum yum yum I love that programme and I love diners drivins and dives love that to but man v food is my fav programme I get well upset when I miss it lol.xxx

Thanks geeks really apreciate the food input I shall defo give them a go

Much love xxx

Ya know... You could just ask me and I would've whipped you up a batch :lol:

P.S. the best fried chicken is made from chicken pieces that were sitting in buttermilk overnight, and the best ribs are made marinated in a dry spice rub then slowly cooked in smoke or low temp in the oven. Little trick I learned living in the south ;)

Latest posts

Back