Found a nano ring metal found embedded in a new client's head?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

debsfab1

Reaction score
Hi I would like some advice as not sure if any one has seen this and i am a bit horrified.
I had a client walk in to the salon today with a full set of what was supposed to be 1g Indian Nano rings, the nano rings had a metal loop at the top, And the sections as I went through was very uneven and due to drag has cause some areas of the skin to form a pus filled welt. There was certain areas of the head that was more painful and as I look closely the extension had slipped off the metal (that had remained attached to the nano ring) and had embedded its self at the top in to a cut in the lady's head. I removed the client's nano rings and we provided a scalp treatment for her to sooth the infected areas and advised to see her gp to check there is no infection.
The client has said the extension fitter had advised her to fill out a contracted for her service but failed to supply it even after requesting it prior to the booking, day of the booking she didnt arrive with one and was told its ok ill resend tonight after the fitting (which never happened) the client had the extensions fitted in September and booked a maintenance for the 6th dec, when she rang up the extension fitter and explained the problem she was having she was unwilling to come and have a look and said she needed to book (and pay more) for her to come and wash it and have a maintenance when she arrived she did nothing but alter a few bonds and the client persisted with the issue (till she walked in our salon). Before walking in day she did call her and said she wants them removed instead of a maintenance on the 6th in which she was told there was no booking for her and she can't now fit her in.
I have advised the client to make a complaint with the lady as not only has she had these issues with the fitting she was also no way supplied Indian hair, this hair felt like straw and had apparently felt like this since fitting.
I have never doubt with any issue like this from any of my clients and although I am used to seeing many bad fitted poor quality extensions I have never doubt with this from a fully qualified hairdresser/extension fitter and am unsure as to advise my client as she is so upset she does not want the confrontation.
This extension fitter trades under a brand name.
Can anyone help me with any advise please.

I've never been keen on the idea of nanos, because you have now removed the extensions there really is nothing the client will be able to do as far as getting any compensation from the extensionist, as she would have had to contacted her solicitor and doctor and taken pictures before removing them, as you now cant prove that any damage was done by the way they where fitted, she could ask for a refund but it sounds unlikely that the extentionist will do that :)

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek mobile app

Yeah I did explain that but she was in so much pain they had to be removed, when she tried to complain she got no where with the girl, and solicitors are more expensive than the cost it's awful really there should be somewhere people can report to cost free.

Yeah I did explain that but she was in so much pain they had to be removed, when she tried to complain she got no where with the girl, and solicitors are more expensive than the cost it's awful really there should be somewhere people can report to cost free.

Yeah very true she's gonna pay so much more for the solicitors, unfortunately other than that she can't really do anything about it other than ask for a refund which she won't give. Honestly as lyn has stated there isn't really any proof that its the extensionists fault. I too don't like the idea of nano rings, when its too good to be true then stay away. Best thing for your client to do is not have any extensions re fitted until her scalp is healed and refer her to a gp, she needs medical treatment and doubt a shampoo would help. She probably has had a reaction to the rings, would be a good idea if she asked her dr if that was the case.

Latest posts

Back