Found some courses but will they allow me to go directly into work after?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foxy_princess

Reaction score
I found a NVQ qualification that i can do for free, im 19 and i found this on City and Islington college website: http://www.candi.ac.uk/courses/factsheet/?tc=HS1031MT < they also do a level 3 diploma in nail services but they say its for people who want to become self employed but why? can i not do the level 2 only and become self employed? anyway what do you guys think? I live in London, will completing this course lead me directly onto salon work? it also says level 3 teaches you how to use a drill but can i not learn that in a 5 day course? i think its a bit silly they've included that in a completely different separate course. I want to do 1 year of nail services and hope to progress from there.

let me know your thoughts!

I think you'll need to double check exactly what units are covered with level 2 and which bate covered with level 3. When I did my nvq level 2 and 3 at college it covered different units. Level 2 was manicure/pedicure/fibreglass enhancements/nail art/make up as well as the mandatory health & safety, nail anatomy etc. Level 3 covered fibreglass/acrylic/gel/airbrushing/nail art as well as again the mandatory units of health & safety, nail anatomy. I actually ended up repeating 2 of the units on level 2 and 3 x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I think you'll need to double check exactly what units are covered with level 2 and which bate covered with level 3. When I did my nvq level 2 and 3 at college it covered different units. Level 2 was manicure/pedicure/fibreglass enhancements/nail art/make up as well as the mandatory health & safety, nail anatomy etc. Level 3 covered fibreglass/acrylic/gel/airbrushing/nail art as well as again the mandatory units of health & safety, nail anatomy. I actually ended up repeating 2 of the units on level 2 and 3 x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Repetition is good .. It re-enforces what we have already heard, but not have remembered. :D

To work in a salon you will need your nvq to be included on the soecial treats,not licence. 1,2,3 + day courses won't get you a nvq which you'll need for this.

I'd say do the lvl 3 naiil technology then you have all, the qualifications as covers more. Mine covered mani/pedi/lux mani and pedi, fibreglass, hard gel ext, l&p acrylic ext, sculpting pink and white l&p and hard gel, clear sculpting, nail art and airbrushing.

If you want to just do mobile/home salon work then other good accredited courses will get you insurance but won't give you what you need to work in a nail bar, salon or similar.

On top of this's I've done various training with other companies, including CND and crystal nails.

To work in a salon you will need your nvq to be included on the soecial treats,not licence. 1,2,3 + day courses won't get you a nvq which you'll need for this.

I'd say do the lvl 3 naiil technology then you have all, the qualifications as covers more. Mine covered mani/pedi/lux mani and pedi, fibreglass, hard gel ext, l&p acrylic ext, sculpting pink and white l&p and hard gel, clear sculpting, nail art and airbrushing.

If you want to just do mobile/home salon work then other good accredited courses will get you insurance but won't give you what you need to work in a nail bar, salon or similar.

On top of this's I've done various training with other companies, including CND and crystal nails.

Right, so ive applied directly for a level 3 NVQ for nails which covers acrylic, gel, airbrush, sculpting, nail art and health and safety of course. but i also want to do a couple extra specialty courses after such as refill, encapsulation and using an electric file which will provide me with insurance separately from the NVQ. so i want about 1 NVQ and 1 or 2 short specialty courses. will that be enough?

Right, so ive applied directly for a level 3 NVQ for nails which covers acrylic, gel, airbrush, sculpting, nail art and health and safety of course. but i also want to do a couple extra specialty courses after such as refill, encapsulation and using an electric file which will provide me with insurance separately from the NVQ. so i want about 1 NVQ and 1 or 2 short specialty courses. will that be enough?

As long as the efile training is accredited with a good company (mine was crystal nails) then that's fine for insurance and art is fine on short courses, so you'll be fine with that :)

Wanted to say on e you've qualified you can do a conversion course to a different brand of l&p acrylic or hard gel and that's fine too

As long as the efile training is accredited with a good company (mine was crystal nails) then that's fine for insurance and art is fine on short courses, so you'll be fine with that :)

Wanted to say on e you've qualified you can do a conversion course to a different brand of l&p acrylic or hard gel and that's fine too

conversion course? ooo how do those work:D

conversion course? ooo how do those work:D

Once your fully qualified you can do a day course trying and learning how to use a different manufacturers product. Gives you all the product knowledge, ratios, tips and tricks, well worth doing, these arnt training to do l&p or hard gel it's training to use that product so you do need to be trained beforehand and most will want to see your qualifications

Once your fully qualified you can do a day course trying and learning how to use a different manufacturers product. Gives you all the product knowledge, ratios, tips and tricks, well worth doing, these arnt training to do l&p or hard gel it's training to use that product so you do need to be trained beforehand and most will want to see your qualifications

ive seen lots of those, some for shellac some for gelish, acrylic brands etc. they're not badly priced either ive seen a lot of them go for under £100. im thinking pick one gel polish, one uv gel and one acrylic brand to train in, good idea?

Latest posts

Back