Found this article-what are hairdressers thoughts?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldnt be able to get comb through mine lol x

I can't see how conditioning your then shampooing it out again...just like tbe 2 in 1 shampoos and conditions...defeats the object doesn't ir?!

Be curious to hear views of someone with longer hsir who's tried it x

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

I would have thought the conditioner wouldnt really do its job if product build up dirt or residue wasn't cleansed away first?

What about people with unruly damaged slightly by bleach and heat hair? Would they detangle easily it without more breakage after this reverse method? Seems pointless even using conditioner at all?
I might try it later and see for myself lol. Interesting article though, i do wonder where they get these ideas.

Sent from my GT-S5830i using SalonGeek mobile app

The trial was using el cheapie products though....

Without getting too sciencey, aren't there different pH levels in shampoo and conditioner? Because they do different jobs?

Shampoo is slightly acidic and this opens the cuticle for the detergent to do its thing... And conditioner is slightly alkaline and this closes the cuticle, therefore leaving a smooth and shiny hair shaft.

So if you were to condition first, then shampoo, the acidity of the shampoo would open the hair shaft, and undo all of the conditioners work! And that's without considering the clients hair type (and whether or not they really need to be using conditioner- never mind using it properly). The client in the article has fine hair anyway, and should only be using conditioner on the ends.

Basically what I'm trying to get at is that this is another ridiculous theory that the Daily Fail makes headlines out of!

And breathe...! :)

I'm going to give this a go. I have limp lifeless hair. Will let you know how I get on .

This was exactly what I thought when I read it! I remember finding the science of ph levels etc very interesting. Using conditioner first just totally defeats the object. If it was the right way then professionals would be doing it that way already! x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm going to try it tomorrow, just for fun. I'll let you know how it goes.

I'm going to try it tomorrow, just for fun. I'll let you know how it goes.

Anyone who is going to try this, consider doing this comparative test:

Part you hair down the middle, and apply the conditioner to one side only.

Then rinse, and shampoo all of the hair at the same time.

Well basically my hair was tangled and hard to comb out as I've shampooed all the conditioner out. Apart from that it doesn't appear to be any different.

I'd have thought this was like putting on your moisturiser and then cleansing your face 😁

Amanda xx

Ok. It's day two. I did the reverse wash yesterday. Usually, the next day my hair is limp and lifeless but I can get away with not washing. But today, honestly, no word of a lie, my hair looks as fresh as it did yesterday. It's not limp but still full of volume. I haven't used any products on it, I never do, I don't even own any.

So maybe there is a method to the madness after all. :eek:

How long is your hair MM ? Is it collar length or longer ? Mines collar length, and I would like to give it a go !

A friend of mine was telling me about this article, she has really long, veery thick hair and is getting good results so far. My hair is too short to try it out on

How long is your hair MM ? Is it collar length or longer ? Mines collar length, and I would like to give it a go !

Mines shoulder length.

Don't make sense to me! Cos the science isn't being followed! Maybe people should just apply conditioner correctly and rinse it properly???

Emma-Louise @ALittleLuxury

Don't make sense to me! Cos the science isn't being followed! Maybe people should just apply conditioner correctly and rinse it properly???

Emma-Louise @ALittleLuxury

Or maybe not bother with conditioner at all?

I use coconut oil on mine and then wash it out afterwards, wouldn't that be the same exercise? Or if you use a nourishing mask. You have to shampoo that out afterwards too, don't you?

Ch-ela, did you get my PM?

Latest posts

Back